Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cold, innit!
David Jenkins

posted on 25/2/18 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Cold, innit!

Went out in the car yesterday and today, first time for months (for various reasons). Yesterday I didn't dress warmly enough and gave up after 5 or 6 miles, but today I made an effort and dressed properly - I even wore my crash helmet as my face froze yesterday.

Had a splendid 30-minute drive, little traffic and glorious weather... reminded me why I keep this car!

big_wasa

posted on 25/2/18 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, had a ride to skeg yesterday, teaching my brother to drive again. Lasted five minuets when we got there. Bought a new helmet on the way home and thought about taking the Indy out this afternoon but.....

Nahhhh to bloody cold.

tims31

posted on 25/2/18 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, went out in mine on Friday so I could get my new headlights re-aligned, a touch could but lovely to get out in it. Had the rears spinning up again while the tyres were cold.

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

Daf

posted on 25/2/18 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
I'v still got mine in bits from the winter upgrades, it was such a nice day that I was gutted it wasn't back together. That said after spending a couple of hours pottering with it in the garage my hands were that cold I could barely moove my fingers!
David Jenkins

posted on 26/2/18 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
I had white fingertips after my second run!

posted on 26/2/18 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
I took the MX5 for a spin yesterday, top down.

Amazing the difference between a Seven (with a screen) and a purpose designed rag top.

Didn't even have a coat on. A wooly hat and a lined cardigan was all I had. Eyeball heater vents aimed
one at each hand and one at my chest. I saw many in tin tops that had wooly hats on.

Paul G

jps

posted on 26/2/18 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
Chilly working on the car yesterday... when I win the lottery I will definitely get a central heated garage!
obfripper

posted on 1/3/18 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
The workshop is supposed to be a refuge from the weather,

Description
Description

I've never had a drop of water come in before, but the snow's got other ideas.

Dave

Daf

posted on 1/3/18 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
Snow in the garage isn't good, has it blown under the door?

I can't believe I took a day off work last week to resemble the car because I thought the weather was picking up and I might want to use it soon!

obfripper

posted on 2/3/18 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
It's a sliding door with a 10mm gap to the blockwork, unfortunately enough for the wind to push the snow in.
I have hoovered it up and blocked off the gaps as best as i can, but i don't think i'll be venturing out to do any work today.

Dave

jollygreengiant

posted on 2/3/18 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
NAH, look up the winter of 1963, some of us are old enough to remember that. Ice over the sea at Bognor Regis, more to the point, playing in the snow (about a foot of it) on the ice over the sea. I let you work out HOW I found out I was on the ice over the sea (I was only 4, and mum wasn't too happy). :O

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.