Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Striker
JR

posted on 7/3/18 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Striker

Hi Everyone,
Interested in getting a kit car and thinking about the Striker. Does anyone have a rough idea how many Strikers there are out there? I always thought of it as a popular kit car, but numbers seem to have diminished somewhat. I went to the national kit car show at Stoneleigh, year before last, expecting to see loads, but only saw a few.

What happened to them? I remember, back in the 90s, visiting kit car shows and seeing lots of them. I remember 1300 x flow engined cars being very popular. Have they mostly expired, or are they just sorned?
Thanks

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 7/3/18 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
Still lots about a lot of people run them as trackday race cars so there’s not so many on the road these days
steve m

posted on 7/3/18 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
As Ian said ^

I think most are track days cars, as in all the runs ive done with (skcc southern kit car club and were you live, you should join )
there has never been a striker attend

Pekwah on here has one, and in Horsham, and that's the only road going one ove known about in years

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 7/3/18 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
They come up now and then I’ve had three great cars if and when I get back into kitcars a striker will be top of my list .
StrikerChris

posted on 7/3/18 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
I still have mine,but its just been sat in the shed for too long! Hopefully get it back out this summer!

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
obfripper

posted on 7/3/18 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Mine does about 3k miles a year, but I tend to stick to the southwest and wales most of the time as it's within a leisurely days drive, the motorway's not my favored mode of travel.

IIRC about 15 years ago, there was approx 500 strikers 600 furys 300 phoenix 250 stylus, since then raw have continued selling the striker (and phoenix more recently), the fury and stylus have bobbed in and out of production so there should be a fair few more cars about. Also the ab arion shares a lot with the striker and there is a fair few of those on track and a few on the road.

With there being only 1 kit car show left people are less likely to travel 2-300 miles to stoneleigh than 50 miles to a local show, at exeter there used to be a handful of strikers out of approx 60-80 kits every day.

There's a large amount of cars that are not represented here or the respective owners clubs, i zipped past a fire engine a couple years back and as i pulled back in got blues&twos and flashing headlamps - I wasn't sure what was on so stopped - turned out the driver has a 13b engined striker and recognised what was approaching in the mirrors and got my attention to stop for a chat.

Dave

JR

posted on 7/3/18 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by obfripper

There's a large amount of cars that are not represented here or the respective owners clubs, i zipped past a fire engine a couple years back and as i pulled back in got blues&twos and flashing headlamps - I wasn't sure what was on so stopped - turned out the driver has a 13b engined striker and recognised what was approaching in the mirrors and got my attention to stop for a chat.

Dave

Cool story. Good to hear some numbers

peter030371

posted on 7/3/18 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
I finished my second Striker last year. It will be used for short local runs but is very track focused unlike my previous Striker

This is my old Sylva Striker which I had for 18 years and used a lot on the road and track
BH
BH

This is my new RAW Striker which is a little more modern and more track focused
Day1
Day1

[Edited on 8/3/18 by peter030371]

bi22le

posted on 7/3/18 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
As Ian said ^

I think most are track days cars, as in all the runs ive done with (skcc southern kit car club and were you live, you should join )
there has never been a striker attend

Pekwah on here has one, and in Horsham, and that's the only road going one ove known about in years

steve

Hey!! I went on several breakfast runs with SKCC in my Striker, but that was over 5 years ago now. Mark and the gang are very friendly people but they drove far too fast on the road for me. I stopped going out for drives and went onto track days. I have no great fear of speed, but it needs to be at the right times!

Mine has not moved for nearly 2 years now due to family and work commitments, over that time I have been refurbishing it knowing I won't get out in it (it was showing signs of age as well). I have a trailer, so although it has a V5 and could easily go on the road, I just trailer it to track days

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

davspeed

posted on 8/3/18 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StrikerChris
I still have mine,but its just been sat in the shed for too long! Hopefully get it back out this summer!

Chris

Same with mine, the guy I bought it from had it in his garage for three years while work got in the way of an engine conversion.

I have had it eighteen months and am converting to CBR1000rr power but family matters have got in the way. It should be out in two to three months for road and track.

nick205

posted on 8/3/18 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
loggyboy on this forum was considering selling his part built (not IVA'd or registered) Striker recently. Obviously you'd need to finish, test and register it, but it might be suitable...

He's in Basingstoke as well so not the other end of the country from you.

https://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=210138

[Edited on 8/3/18 by nick205]

[Edited on 8/3/18 by nick205]

MattD

posted on 8/3/18 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
If you want a run in one, a mate of mine in Godalming has a Striker with a supercharged MX5 under the bonnet.
Its a road car, mainly used for Sunday jaunts & track days.

He's not selling though !

[Edited on 8/3/18 by MattD]

Christof

posted on 8/3/18 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
I'm thinking about selling mine in a few months' time.

Have got some bodywork to finish off before she's 'sale ready' but otherwise all good.

Not 100% on selling and might run it through the summer, but we'll see.

[Edited on 8/3/18 by Christof]

yogibear1969

posted on 8/3/18 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
I have one, 16 years old now!
Edd

pekwah1

posted on 9/3/18 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Yep I’m in one too down in Horsham, I’ll give you a 2nd offer for a ride out in one if you fancy!
Matth93

posted on 14/3/18 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
I've got one for sale at the moment with a R1 bike engine in it

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.