Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Turbo an old Landy
Mr Whippy

posted on 15/3/18 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DW100
What about a nice Volvo 5 cylinder conversion?

Same apply's to any engine swap, adaptors, new exhaust, gearbox strength issues, brake upgades, diff ratios needing changed etc etc it all adds up

Besides it's a classic truck with all the original running gear and pulling out the engine only devalues it, currently its appreciating steadily. The Volvo engine is too long anyway, I have a 5 cylinder in mine and it a very long engine which would mean swapping to a 90 front end which again reduces it's value even more than an engine swap.

A cheap bolt on turbo and carb swap is by far the best option.

[Edited on 15/3/18 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 15/3/18 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy

A cheap bolt on turbo and carb swap is by far the best option.

I'd go with the latter, carb., inlet manifold as increased in cr.

ask on LR forums for options or send a mail to
https://www.turnerengineering.co.uk. they know their stuff as far as LR engines go.

Ivan

posted on 16/3/18 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
OT - a near neighbour has a SWB Landy with a BMW 2.8 straight six and an exhaust coming out of the side of the rear fender at the level of the top of the rear wheel but half way between the wheel and the back of the car. I must say it sounds brilliant - by far the best sounding Landy I have ever heard without being loud - and it seems to go like S off a shovel. Just saying!
Benzine

posted on 16/3/18 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
I won't mention the 'D' word!

But have you considered an engine that runs on heavy oil with compression ignition?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 16/3/18 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
I won't mention the 'D' word!

But have you considered an engine that runs on heavy oil with compression ignition?

heavy oil? What like a ship engine...that's just not going to fit mate how am I going to see where I'm going???

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.