Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lease Car
Wheels244

posted on 28/3/18 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Lease Car

Hello All

I asked this a while ago, I'm actively wanting to pursue it now.

I'm looking to personal lease a C Class Merc.

Are there any experts on here or who deals in such a thing please ?

Any advice gratefully received.

Rob

[Edited on 28/3/18 by Wheels244]

Build Blog: http://wheels244.wordpress.com/

Paul M

posted on 28/3/18 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
i can offer advice - let me know what you need to know - I have leased several cars personally plus I ran a lease brokerage myself
for two years and have worked as a fleet account manager for one of the top 5 leasing brokerages in the country

SSC Stylus 2.0. Blacktop, Omex
ECU & Bodies

Wheels244

posted on 28/3/18 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Paul.

Which is the best and/or the cheapest company to use - there appears to be loads.

I'm looking for a C Class - Sport or AMG Line
10,000 miles
Maintenance included
9 month upfront payment - or is there a better way/period ?

Thanks

Rob

Build Blog: http://wheels244.wordpress.com/

Paul M

posted on 28/3/18 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
find a good deal then google the broker that is advertising the deal -they all deal with major funders .( Lloyds, Lex Arval etc)
and buy the cars direct from the manufacturer so you just want one thats got a good admin record.

dont pay 9 months upfront unless you absolutley have to get the monthly payments right down -3 is fine and much cheaper initially - use contracthireandleasing.com, ( CHAL to the trade) you can key in exactly what you want, over how long, annual mileage etc, see below examples,

3 monthsupfront

9 months.

maintenance is interesting, its expensive via the finance companies and most companies I used to deal with would not do it for less than 15-20k miles a year - service intervals on modern mercs is 18 months /18k miles so wont cost a fortune - ask for comparisons with/without and see if you think its worth the outlay

ECU & Bodies

nick205

posted on 29/3/18 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Paul

I note above you quote the 18 month / 18k miles service interval for Mrecedes.

A few years ago I had a VW Passat (57 plate) company car. At the time I was doing 25-30k miles a year and the "long-life" oil service was a similar interval. Admittedly it wasn't my own car so I wasn't overly concerned about it, but personally I just see that interval as too long for an oil oil and filter change. 10k miles is my preference. If it were my own car (purchased or personal leased) I'd evern pay a main dealer to do the oil change at 10k miles for my own peace of mind.

These are just my thoughts by the way!

[Edited on 29/3/18 by nick205]

Paul M

posted on 29/3/18 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Paul

personally I just see that interval as too long for an oil oil and filter change. 10k miles is my preference. If it were my own car (purchased or personal leased) I'd evern pay a main dealer to do the oil change at 10k miles for my own peace of mind.

I take your point for a personmal car but it's not relevant for a lease , you never own the car, just have it serviced to the manufacturer recomended
intervals, take it over 36 months only - have any repairs / defects done within the 36 months ( under warranty).

ECU & Bodies

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.