Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Home cctv
CraigJ

posted on 7/4/18 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
Home cctv

Can any recommend a home outdoor cctv kit?

Seen loads on eBay amazon etc for around £100 - 150 with 4 cameras and hdr.

Any one have them?

Just need something easy to install and use with clear picture.

Cheers

samjc

posted on 8/4/18 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
I bought and use a swan 8channel hdr recorder with 5 (bought an extra camera) 1080p cameras, its a swann hd I belive its called was £300 online and very easy to set up with remote access through my phone or laptop.
MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8599
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 8/4/18 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
I've just paid 1400 for a hikvision 8 camera system with 4tb hard disk, four 5mp cameras doing power over coax, setup and an electrician doing the electrics in the loft.

(still recovering from surgery hence grumpily paying someone).

Happy someone else has had to be up the ladders but it seems i'm more technical than the installer. Its not difficult to do as long as you're happy up a ladder. Make sure you can set the camera position whilst holding a mobile phone to view the camera view. Look at the quality of image / compression vs hard disk size. Check the software you can use to view / review is decent. My experience of the hikvision is so far is good quality kit but poor remote access PC / tablet / phone software (actually, phone seems ok, pc / tablet is unreliable. software on the device is reliable).

Oh, and think about the height of the camera - you'll get lots of tops of heads if you're not careful. I deliberately set one camera on the front of my garage, its a visual deterrent and is low down so will get faces. I've got a second camera high up covering a similar area if someone decides to tamper with it.

r1_pete

posted on 8/4/18 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
Ive got an 8 channel Swan system too, been in about 18 months, with no problems other than folk knocking on the door to see if our cameras caught issues they’d had!!
I installed and set it up myself for sub £300

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ReMan

posted on 8/4/18 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
I've just paid 1400 for a hikvision 8 camera system with 4tb hard disk, four 5mp cameras doing power over coax, setup and an electrician doing the electrics in the loft.

(still recovering from surgery hence grumpily paying someone).

Happy someone else has had to be up the ladders but it seems i'm more technical than the installer. Its not difficult to do as long as you're happy up a ladder. Make sure you can set the camera position whilst holding a mobile phone to view the camera view. Look at the quality of image / compression vs hard disk size. Check the software you can use to view / review is decent. My experience of the hikvision is so far is good quality kit but poor remote access PC / tablet / phone software (actually, phone seems ok, pc / tablet is unreliable. software on the device is reliable).

Oh, and think about the height of the camera - you'll get lots of tops of heads if you're not careful. I deliberately set one camera on the front of my garage, its a visual deterrent and is low down so will get faces. I've got a second camera high up covering a similar area if someone decides to tamper with it.

I have to agree. I had a 4Ch Zexel? that I wasnt happy with and traded up to a HIKVISION.
I'm running POE cameras so wanted to continue POE support
I have to say the software is shockingly poor and setup far too tech for the average punter
So if we have an expert I'd be glad of some assistance!

[Edited on 9/4/18 by ReMan]

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

jtskips

posted on 9/4/18 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1TB-HDD-4CH-CCTV-DVR-Record-2-4MP-1080P-Camera-IR-CUT-Home-Security-System-Kit/172591864738?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&a mp;var=471424485966&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

This is the one i have 4 camera 1tb memory lasts about 2 weeks before its gone , very clear 1080 cameras , night visions in black and white but its so clear, the cctv in some shops and offices are so poor i`ve yet to see one thats as clear as this system , very easy to install about £155 plus vat

gremlin1234

posted on 9/4/18 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
its worth looking at what maplin are 'remaindering', they have done the swan kit for a long time
CraigJ

posted on 10/4/18 at 06:24 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers guys

I have bought a Swann kit. 8 channel and 4 HD cameras. Haven’t had time to install yet but have connected it all up and tested it. Very happy. Nice and clear and the night vision is very good too.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.