Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Paint spraying advice
Barksavon

posted on 15/4/18 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Paint spraying advice

Any paint sprayers out there...?
I'm looking at the best and most reasonably priced method of removing sufficient moisture from my compressed air to enablement me to make a decent job of painting my 1958 Austin A35. There's a one stage filter regulator, costs about £20-50 , a three stage filter regulator which provides breathing quality air , around£300, and a filter sold by Rtech welding called an AT1000 £80ish, which is designed for plasma cutters. All 3 are supposed to be suitable for painting according to the spec sheets
I'm sure the 3 stage system would do the job, does anyone know whether a one stage does a good enough job and has anyone any experience of the AT1000. One more question, could I run a breathing mask and my spraygun from a 3 stage unit, my compressor is a3hp 50 tire tank

r1_pete

posted on 15/4/18 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Two vertical copper pipes looped together at the top, and a tap on the bottom of each leg of the loop, 300mm or so from the bottom of each leg, insert a tee, compressor feed into one, output to gun, or regulator from the other.

Water vapour will condense in each tube and fall to the bottom, after use, open the taps and drain the water off.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Barksavon

posted on 15/4/18 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the suggestion Pete, is that a set up you have used?
r1_pete

posted on 15/4/18 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, Its surprising how much water comes out after a couple of hours spraying.

Mine runs almost floot to apex of grage roof, I run it into a cheape seperator regulator, but there is never any moisture in the bowl.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ken555

posted on 16/4/18 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote

I did similar as shown

[Edited on 16-4-18 by ken555]

Barksavon

posted on 16/4/18 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that, I'm going to rig something similar up in my garage
Ian

Barksavon

posted on 29/4/18 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Ken/Pete
Have you used 15 or 22mm copper tube in your set ups
Thanks

ken555

posted on 29/4/18 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barksavon
Ken/Pete
Have you used 15 or 22mm copper tube in your set ups
Thanks

15mm

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.