Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rover v8 misfire same time as tacho flickers
Bigboystoys

posted on 15/4/18 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Rover v8 misfire same time as tacho flickers

Evening all, took my Dax rush out yesterday for the first time since engine removal and install, first half hour was perfect however after that I seemed to develop a misfire on all cylinders while at the same time it would loose power to the tacho, it did this a few times then would run perfectly for a couple of mins then back to this so I'm guessing it's a loose connection somewhere, it's running a carb so can't be a lot. Whatever it is it's where tacho and ignition are linked as both seem to be linked. I have checked all connections today Nd all seems to be good so I'm now wondering if the coil or distributor could be a possibility?

Thanks Sam

r1_pete

posted on 15/4/18 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Are you running the 35DE8 distributor, the one with all the components inside?

If so what you are experiencing is typical of this setup, the 35DM8 with the amplifier mounted on the coil bracket is a better setup.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bigboystoys

posted on 15/4/18 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
R1 Pete I'm running the 35dm8 with a msd 8202 coil although all my bits are internal on distributor, it's do 9000 miles on this set up ok though so not sure what's changed.

Thanks Sam

r1_pete

posted on 15/4/18 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
This is the bad boy of the rv8 distributors, loads of problems, cracked boards, dry solder joints, etc etc very susceptable to engine temperature.

35DE8
35DE8

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Agriv8

posted on 17/4/18 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Sometimes called the 'Opus' and very often called the Hop'l'us system mine would be the same certain temp then it would cut out and die !

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Bigboystoys

posted on 21/4/18 at 06:41 AM Reply With Quote
All sorted turned out the coil had decided it didn't fancy another summer. New one fitted and all is well.

Thanks Sam

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.