New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford cvh sump depth
Christian DK

posted on 26/4/18 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Ford cvh sump depth

Hi!
I own a Locost with a cvh 1.6 engine.
My problem is ground clearance.
In the Haynes: ‘Build your own sports car on a budget’ there is a thorough instruction on how to reduce the depth of the sump on
a Pinto engine. Has somebody any experience on this subject. Does it work? Will it hold the oil pressure? And the capital question:
can you make the same alterations on a cvh 1.6 engine sump in order to gain some extra one or two inches in ground clearance?
Regards,
Christian DK

nick205

posted on 27/4/18 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
Assuming the CVH sump is steel the same as the Pinto then follow the same instructions.

Welding thin steel can be tricky as you need to avoid heat distortion, but otherwise it's not a difficult job to do.

will121

posted on 2/6/18 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Christian DK
Hi!
I own a Locost with a cvh 1.6 engine.
My problem is ground clearance.
In the Haynes: ‘Build your own sports car on a budget’ there is a thorough instruction on how to reduce the depth of the sump on
a Pinto engine. Has somebody any experience on this subject. Does it work? Will it hold the oil pressure? And the capital question:
can you make the same alterations on a cvh 1.6 engine sump in order to gain some extra one or two inches in ground clearance?
Regards,
Christian DK

There is some photos in my archive of my chopped, baffled and winged sump, as above bit of a pain to do with a mig without leaks, but worked well in the end

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.