Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CD player multichanger
LBMEFM

posted on 17/5/18 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
CD player multichanger

I have a Ford Transit with a cassette player, however, on the front of it, it says CD changer compatable. Can I just buy any CD multi changer and plug it in, there seems to be a plug beneath the steering column.
loggyboy

posted on 17/5/18 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Will need to match the brand.

Mistral Motorsport

LBMEFM

posted on 18/5/18 at 03:09 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers loggyboy, I have managed to find a Ford Tranny 6006 CD player/radio that directly replaces the current cassette player for £20. Why did Ford fit cassette players in Transits in 2005, they must have a load left over from the 70/80's.
Mr Whippy

posted on 18/5/18 at 06:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LBMEFM
Cheers loggyboy, I have managed to find a Ford Tranny 6006 CD player/radio that directly replaces the current cassette player for £20. Why did Ford fit cassette players in Transits in 2005, they must have a load left over from the 70/80's.

Cos their total cheap skates...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 18/5/18 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
I just bought a period corect Blaupunkt radio cassette, and 10 disc changer for my 88 porsche, I was amazed how cheap they are going for now....
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
McLannahan

posted on 18/5/18 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
I just bought a period corect Blaupunkt radio cassette, and 10 disc changer for my 88 porsche, I was amazed how cheap they are going for now....

Really?

I'd like a period one/OEM for my 1989 Golf but they seem to go for crazy money?! What model Blau did you get out of curiosity Pete?

r1_pete

posted on 18/5/18 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McLannahan
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete

Really?

I'd like a period one/OEM for my 1989 Golf but they seem to go for crazy money?! What model Blau did you get out of curiosity Pete?

Its a Louisiana rad cass, paid £20 for it, and just had a £10 offer accepted on a 10 disc changer, whether it works is yet to be seen, but worth risking a tenner.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.