Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What’s it worth? Landy
Mr Whippy

posted on 22/5/18 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
What’s it worth? Landy

Trying to work out a sell price for the Landy, quite tricky…

1982 Series 3 Petrol 2.25ltr 88. Mechanically & structurally in great condition, as good as it looks really. 65k miles 2.25 petrol, MOT’d till end Dec 2018, no advisory’s the last MOT. All tyres in good condition. Bulkhead and chassis totally rust free and wax oiled inside and out. Welded in roll bar (very strong) & two modern car seats in the front so I could take the kids in it but can be retrofitted with original seats if desired. Wheels have been hot dip galvanised so will last forever with zero maintenance. Has Range rover power steering fitted which has been just fabulous in every way (my favourite mod).

Really strong 5mm thick tube section side bars have been welded in to the chassis to give excellent side protection, you can jack the truck up on them, nothing like the usual crappy bolt on rubbish.

Seems to be very popular around here and had loads of complements and thumbs up so, which is nice the kids at the school call it the army car... Deliberately kept it understated and not covered in tat.

Obviously loads of work and money went into this (lost count, in denial tbh)

Was thinking £5500? What do you think any ideas???

[Edited on 22/5/18 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Stevie_P

posted on 22/5/18 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
Can't help with a price I'm afraid but that does look a cracking example from the pictures.
The price doesn't sound unreasonable. Probably...

Good luck with the sale.

Steve

Mr Whippy

posted on 22/5/18 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Smoking Frog

posted on 22/5/18 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
If I was after a Series 3 I would happily pay the asking price. Well worth it!
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 22/5/18 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
If you actually 'want' to sell it, then prepare for a shock, it's 'worth' what someone is prepared to pay.

It's a great looking SIII, not the usual rubbish, I (personally) would gladly part with £5500 for it, if I was looking, which I'm (of course) not.

There are some clearly unrealistic expectations of 'value' on these vehicles, as with kit cars. Folk seem either to 'list' them for fun, amusement, they're bored or just want to feel good. Your SIII will be aimed at someone who wants to use the vehicle, rather than look at it as an investment piece, hopefully there are actually folk out there that still want to do that.
Your SIII doesn't have the current SI-II classic appeal yet, but give it time, who knows. Problem is, it's been modified. The modifications are not irreversible (none are), but nonetheless, the classic market won't be interested. I do speak from experience here, many, many timewasters when I listed my 109. It's a military SII, an absolutely gorgeous rust-free example that I've spent some 30 years running. Externally, it looks like SII should do, exactly. Lift the bonnet and you don't see the 6 cylinder engine it should have, there endeth the interest. I've given up listing it, the Care Home can have it when they have me. Greedy, no, I thought that £5000 was sensible.

So yes, if I was wanting a different runaround for fishing (etc.) if I was into that (for example) then I'd say £5500 was entirely realistic. If I actually wanted to sell it, I wouldn't be do dismissive of any offers below that, given the prospective buyer was actually serious (good luck with that).

My partner has just said NO...

:-)

nick205

posted on 22/5/18 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Health issues prevent me driving for the time being, but it's a price I'd happily pay for it!
scootz

posted on 22/5/18 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Whippy

Do you have any pics of the interior and underside?

It's Evolution Baby!

Mr Whippy

posted on 22/5/18 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Hi Whippy

Do you have any pics of the interior and underside?

Sorry not taken any yet, those pics were just for me originally. Interior is undamaged and complete. Underside is perfect really. The rear load bed has a custom frame under it as I was going to mount an lpg tank and the original design was totally naff. I'll take some pics.

Angel Acevedo

posted on 22/5/18 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
$5500 would be a bargain here in Mexico...
Although I think camo paint would up the price a bit more..
If it was mine, I´d keep it..
My first car was a 1953 Willys...
Good luck with the sale..

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.