Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: St170 lemme ecu programmer
Pigsy

posted on 23/6/18 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
St170 lemme ecu programmer

Is anyone aware of any programs that will enable me to go into the standard st170 ecu that will enable me to change the crankshaft sensors angle? Something like tunerstudio that will either piggyback on to the ecu or go through the obd2 plug.

I don’t want to disassemble the engine box setup fitted to the car, but the 36-1 wheel turns out to be 90° out of sink with the sensor. 💩 it should be 90° With the missing tooth at tic but is actually 180°. Changing the angle in the ecu would be so much easier with the badly damaged shoulder I have.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Pigsy

posted on 23/6/18 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
The title should be ST170 FORD FOCUS Orem ecu programmer..
big_wasa

posted on 23/6/18 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
The only hardware and software package available to joe public in the uk that can write anything to the Ford Oem ecu is called Forscan. I am prety sure what your asking can not be done. The only firm in the uk that can really do anything to these ecu’s are a firm called Sabre motorsport or somthing.

Why is it out ? Have you front mounted a trigger wheel ? Any reason for not using the stock pick up ?

[Edited on 23/6/18 by big_wasa]

Pigsy

posted on 23/6/18 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I was just hoping to use the standard ford system setup as it’s good. I have fitted a trigger wheel but it is as yet untested. As to why it’s out, well I just do not know. It just is and it’s annoying. It’s not possible for the flywheel to be out as it has one odd bolt hole that is off centre. Thanks for mentioning forscan. I’m using a cut down oem loom that is close to being completed.
MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 24/6/18 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
How do you know it's 90 degrees out? If you're this using the ford bits id have thought it's very unlikely to be out but more likely you're wired something else up wrong eg the plugs without realising.

Appreciate this might be a really annoying answer as it's definately out but it doesn't make sense to me how it can be 90 degrees on the ford bits. Big wasa is a bit of an expert on these things so hopefully he can help.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.