Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Duratec bolt pattern and drawing
Daf

posted on 18/9/18 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Duratec bolt pattern and drawing

Evening folks, does anyone know if the durate I4 1.8 engine has the same gearbox bolt pattern as the 2.0 unit? I can't find a definitiveanswer on the tinterweb!

Also it's a long shot but does anyone have a drawing of this bolt pattern in any format they would be willing to share?

snapper

posted on 18/9/18 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
I understand it is the same.
I usually google then Switch to image view, this will often throw up some technical drawings

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

big-vee-twin

posted on 19/9/18 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
I have the full Ford tech manual for the engine, send me your email on u2u and I will send you a drop box link

[Edited on 19/9/18 by big-vee-twin]

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

Mr Whippy

posted on 19/9/18 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
not sure if this is any help... not too clued up on engine types these days.

linky

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mcerd1

posted on 20/9/18 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
not sure if this is any help... not too clued up on engine types these days.

linky

^^ the MT75 was never used with the duratec 's

but a version the MTX75 was used on the 2.0 duratec's in mk3 mondeo's (01-) and mk2 focus (05-)
so you might get a pattern for one of those, but other versions of this box was also sued on the older zetec 2.0 cars which have a totally different mounting pattern

similarly the 1.8 duratec is found on a version of the iB5 box of the same era, but iB5 boxes and their predecessors have versions to suit just about every other FWD setup ford have ever done (starting with the BC box in the mk1 fiesta form 1976! )
so I'd be very careful if using the pattern from one of these too

a better bet could be the 2.0 mk3 mazda MX5 (or other mazda's with the MZR engine that the duratec HE is derived from) - the 6 speed MX5 box is probably a good place to start looking, but note that the MX5 tilts the engine to one side by 5° or 10° (can't remember which)

-

Petemitchell

posted on 22/9/18 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure if this will help, i have a mk3 NC MX5 5 spd gearbox from a 1.8 model bolted to a 2.0 duratec removed from a Ford Mondeo , the bolt patern is exactly the same, i used the clutch, flywheel, spigot bearing and starter motor from the Nc 1.8 Mazda MX5 , but it does tilt the engine to one side very slightly
Daf

posted on 23/9/18 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
For some reason I've managed to unsubscribe from the thread! I'm not actually looking to mate it to a RWD box, the plan is to make an adaptor plate to mate it to a rover PG1 box.

I'm investigating the practicalities of putting a duratec engine into an MGF

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.