Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: redifon 101 flight simulaor
Schrodinger

posted on 24/9/18 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
redifon 101 flight simulaor

A bit of a long shot but does anybody on here have any knowledge or better still documentation regarding the Redifon 101 Flight Simulator?

Keith
Aviemore

Mr Whippy

posted on 25/9/18 at 06:02 AM Reply With Quote
in case you didn't know....this museum has one so maybe they could help

linky

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Schrodinger

posted on 25/9/18 at 06:40 AM Reply With Quote
Hehe, thanks for that, it is for the Flixton Aviation Museum that I am trying to find some documentation as they acquired the sim but with parts missing and no documentation. But thanks all the same for looking.

Keith
Aviemore

Mr Whippy

posted on 25/9/18 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
Ah...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
prawnabie

posted on 25/9/18 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
There used to be an old provost based one languishing with a load of old cars on a property down by me, I will check next time I pass as someone got wind of the site, posted it on a forum and it got ransacked!
hughpinder

posted on 25/9/18 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
This guy may be able to copy some??
http://www.milweb.net/webvert/76966

Mr Whippy

posted on 25/9/18 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hughpinder
This guy may be able to copy some??
http://www.milweb.net/webvert/76966

the complexity of that... my phone no doubt could manage all that better

hughpinder

posted on 25/9/18 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
Where I work I maintain the plant automation system. When we designed/installed in in the early 90s we used 22 'supercomputers' to control the plant. I think the iphone 4s was the first phone with a number crunching ability to surpass the whole automation system.
Mr Whippy

posted on 25/9/18 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
If you're interested in old computers look into those used on the Apollo space craft for some very weird and amazingly clever solutions.
avagolen

posted on 26/9/18 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Shame really. I joined Redifon just after the 101 ceased production. I think they were all built at the Aylesbury plant.
This plant was closed down in 1991/1992 and the remaining staff etc moved to Crawley. I have a colleague who may have personal experience but I will not see him for a while. Will let you know.

The Answer for everything, but never the last word....

Schrodinger

posted on 26/9/18 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by avagolen
Shame really. I joined Redifon just after the 101 ceased production. I think they were all built at the Aylesbury plant.
This plant was closed down in 1991/1992 and the remaining staff etc moved to Crawley. I have a colleague who may have personal experience but I will not see him for a while. Will let you know.

Thanks for that

Keith
Aviemore

steve m

posted on 26/9/18 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Im in Crawley, and remember Redifon well, its Thales now, and still a Military site (I believe) as the security is quite hot

were they not heavily into radar and the like back in the 60's ? as they had lots of very weird stuff in their compound in Manor Royal industrial site

Also pre Redifon in Crawley on that site was APV Paramount, a VERY big metal works and foundery, My Father in law was a trainer their from the early 1950-1975 ish ?

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.