Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What fuel pump for rover v8 4.6 on edelbrock 500cfm carb
Bigboystoys

posted on 2/11/18 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
What fuel pump for rover v8 4.6 on edelbrock 500cfm carb

Morning all, I'm looking at changing my noisy electronic fuel pump on my dax. The one fitted is one of the older style that gives that nasty sounding clicking noise. I'm guessing it contains a regulator as there is no return to the tank. It's mounted up next to the tank.
My question is what can I replace it with and do I need to use a fuel pressure regulator or will the floats in the carb stop the flow without causing damage. I'm running an edelbrock 500 cfm carb.

Thanks Sam

r1_pete

posted on 2/11/18 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
I’ve used These pumps on several vehicles, including a tri carb Jaguar engine with great results.

Its an interruptor so stops when up to pressure, no need for a return line either.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bigboystoys

posted on 3/11/18 at 05:33 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Pete I will have a look, I'm guessing they supply enough fuel to run 280 bhp. Thanks Sam
mark chandler

posted on 3/11/18 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
You should be looking at a high end facet pump, you may get away with a red top one, although rated to 240bhp reality is that flat out at WOT is very short duration.
r1_pete

posted on 3/11/18 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboystoys
Thanks Pete I will have a look, I'm guessing they supply enough fuel to run 280 bhp. Thanks Sam

The Jag engine I used it on was running 265 bhp, and did 16 mpg cruising, and about 8 if driven hard, never had any starvation problems...

I used it in place of a facet, because I was sick of the constant ticking, it was on a E Type and the pump is in the hatch...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.