Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Taydec Kit/Sports Cars
JacksAvon

posted on 5/11/18 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Taydec Kit/Sports Cars

Good afternoon collective brain of wisdom.

Anyone have any idea what happened to or who to contact re Taydec Kit/Sports cars please.

Many thanks
Jack

The sickness started in 2001 with a Robin Hood 3A, Prelit Westy,Tiger Cub, Tiger Avon, Tiger R6, 16v Mini, Sylva Fury Fireblade, Westfield Sei, Mallock Mk11, Fireblade Locost, Tiger Avon, Procomp LA Gold, Mk26 Mallock...........and now a Mk18 Mallock.....LR750, Vandiemen FX02

Sam_68

posted on 5/11/18 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Unless anyone else has more up-to-date information, Google suggests that it was last being offered by a company called Atlas (KLY) Ltd.

The company is showing as having been dissolved in 2016, but you could try contacting its Directors, who are listed on Companies House:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01304116/officers

[Edited on 5/11/18 by Sam_68]

nick205

posted on 5/11/18 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Jack

Have you got one and need spares/parts for it?

I don't have any, but if it's what you're after then other members on here may be able to help you.

JacksAvon

posted on 5/11/18 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks all,

I don't have one yet, but may do.

The sickness started in 2001 with a Robin Hood 3A, Prelit Westy,Tiger Cub, Tiger Avon, Tiger R6, 16v Mini, Sylva Fury Fireblade, Westfield Sei, Mallock Mk11, Fireblade Locost, Tiger Avon, Procomp LA Gold, Mk26 Mallock...........and now a Mk18 Mallock.....LR750, Vandiemen FX02

procomp

posted on 6/11/18 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
There was only 2 maybe 3 cars built by John.
Andy Hiley who is currently racing in sports specials and his brother have 2 off them one of which is the one your probably looking at thats for sale.
no idea where moulds went Etc but speak to Andy as he will have all the info youll need.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JacksAvon

posted on 6/11/18 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
Many thanks Matt.

I will give him a call

Gopherit

posted on 7/12/18 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
Taydec

JacksAvon -
I have a Taydec chassis and body in part assembled form. I also have reasonably good knowledge of who did what, where and when, and also where the body moulds now reside - I will dig out all the information, but you can look at my Taydec - I was just about to part it out for sale as my other projects (Lotus 23 "copy" as raced by myself, just being tidied up for sale and a Lotus +2 fire damaged that I am restoring) are too time consuming to let me do anything with it.

The Taydec has a Honda Civic Type R engine sitting in it - was going to sell separately, hence taking a pic of it yesterday!

Will contribute more when I dig out the info!

Also tried to upload pic but all I get after many tries is "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1"!

Help!

Mike Wood

posted on 29/1/22 at 06:32 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

What happened to the Taydecs and a Lotus 23 clone mentioned here I wonder?

Cheers
Mike

Gopherit

posted on 30/1/22 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
I still have the Taydec tucked away as have been busy trying to rebuild our Elan +2, a long job. The 23 clone was sold a year ago to a chap who has sprinted it at Goodwood, but I think it's up for sale as he was a bit big for it.

John Suckling was the builder of Taydecs originally although IIRC Andy Hiley built his own chassis after the first one from JS.
Have got other bits of info about Taydecs in general tucked away if anyone's interested. There is another one that was raced in SRGT can't remember the chap's name at the moment but the car was sold to another SRGT member and I think is still around. Have the email address of his racing mate somewhere.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.