Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Seat collection from Stroud
JacksAvon

posted on 27/11/18 at 01:34 AM Reply With Quote
Seat collection from Stroud

GRP Seat collection from Stroud

Hi all,

I have a GRP seat that needs collecting from Stroud, I am a 6.5 hour round trip away.

Any recommendations of couriers to collect the seat and get it to me in the Peterborough area.
Experiences, prices and so on would be a great help

Thanks
Jack

The sickness started in 2001 with a Robin Hood 3A, Prelit Westy,Tiger Cub, Tiger Avon, Tiger R6, 16v Mini, Sylva Fury Fireblade, Westfield Sei, Mallock Mk11, Fireblade Locost, Tiger Avon, Procomp LA Gold, Mk26 Mallock...........and now a Mk18 Mallock.....LR750, Vandiemen FX02

overdriver

posted on 27/11/18 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
Morning Jack,

In 2016 I wanted a pair of Intatrim Odyssey seats collected from Dundee and delivered to Worcester. Numerous quotes were obtained via the likes of Shipleys, Anyvan etc. with varying results in terms of price (upto in excess of £300!) and delivery schedule. To be honest some of the response sounded decidedly questionable.

Almost in desperation I contacted Parcel Force who simply said "£41, pick up tomorrow, with you the day after" - a no-brainer really. The seats had been parcelled to form a package of 110 x 70 x 50 (cms), sorry but I can't remember the weight but obviously a lot heavier than a single GRP seat. I would recommend that you 'phone Parcel Force direct and explain what you're looking to have transported rather than using the website quotation facility.

Good luck,

Michael.

jester
Contributor

Posts 169
Registered 21/5/17

Photo Archive Go!
Building: brought Jester.building a Jester own a Striker

posted on 27/11/18 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Have you tried Parcel Monkey

Easy to set an account with them

Then you can see quotes from the couriers they have on there books

JacksAvon

posted on 27/11/18 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks both, excellent ideas. I will look into both

The sickness started in 2001 with a Robin Hood 3A, Prelit Westy,Tiger Cub, Tiger Avon, Tiger R6, 16v Mini, Sylva Fury Fireblade, Westfield Sei, Mallock Mk11, Fireblade Locost, Tiger Avon, Procomp LA Gold, Mk26 Mallock...........and now a Mk18 Mallock.....LR750, Vandiemen FX02

rusty nuts

posted on 27/11/18 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
If it's any help I will be travelling from Cambridge up to Bourne around the second weekend in December, probably via Peterborough
JacksAvon

posted on 27/11/18 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the offer rusty nuts.

I think will have a look at parcelforce

steve m

posted on 27/11/18 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Ive just put the rough details into Parcel to go, (that ive used many times)

length of 150 cm width 100cm height 100 cm and weight of 10kg = £19.63

Obviously my measurements are a gestimate but cant be far out, but the weight of 22lbs for a set would put me off fitting it to my car !!

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Sam_68

posted on 11/12/18 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Did you get this sorted, Jack?
JacksAvon

posted on 12/12/18 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Yes thanks.

Seat arrived yesterday, very well packaged by the seller.

I used Parcel 2 Go who then used Hermes.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.