Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Jag V6 dyno results (at last)
Partofthechaos

posted on 13/6/19 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Another v6 Indy.

Taking the MX5 apart currently, Jag already broken. I hope to order the first part of the kit in the next month or so, with assemply starting in late August.

I plan to use the Rocketeer adapter plate to use the MX5 gearbox, so a slight variation on the ones I've seen that are on the road, though not sure what the practical difference will be.

quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
The st200 inlet is different (I'm assuming bigger bore) as it used to be the upgrade of choice along with the throttle body on the st24.

Damn it. Never mind, it will allow me to get the engine in the car etc, and it may be useful to reduce the power until I'm used to it. Never driven a se7ven before, so in at the deep end... Once it arives I'll compaire it with the AJ30 lowers and report back.

sdh2903

posted on 13/6/19 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
I've used the rocketeer adapter, sump and flywheel in my Westfield I'm currently building. It's all good kit. Very well made.
RWD Focus

posted on 13/6/19 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
How long did you have to wait for the rocketeer sump? Im fed up of emailing them asking when they will have some in stock again. Last i heard from them they said end of may, but now they won't even reply to my emails.

Partofthechaos

posted on 13/6/19 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I've used the rocketeer adapter, sump and flywheel in my Westfield I'm currently building. It's all good kit. Very well made.

That's good to hear, most people say the quality is very good, but useful to hear it from someone on here.

Where does the recess in the Rocketeer sump end up? I was thinking of using the gap in the AJ30 sump as the route for an exhaust balance pipe, seems like the easiest location. But the Rocketeer sump would probably not need bits chopped offor baffles, so if the shape is right this would be easier.

sdh2903

posted on 13/6/19 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RWD Focus
How long did you have to wait for the rocketeer sump? Im fed up of emailing them asking when they will have some in stock again. Last i heard from them they said end of may, but now they won't even reply to my emails.

They seem to order kits in batches and if you time it wrong then you end up waiting a while. Is it Bruce your dealing with?

Some pics

Rocket1
Rocket1

Starter is on the lower Rh side

Rocket2
Rocket2

Rocket3
Rocket3

Rocket4
Rocket4

Rocket5
Rocket5

RWD Focus

posted on 13/6/19 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Yes its Bruce
Ive actually made a sump in the meantime so i can get my engine in and running.

CosKev3

posted on 14/6/19 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Just offered it up reversed but it catches on oil filler. In order to get it to clear it would be too high and catch on my wiper motor and linkage. Looks like I’m stuck with the one I made using jag inlet.
Thank you for your help and advice

Have you looked at ST220 one?

Tighter to engine than the Jag one

RWD Focus

posted on 14/6/19 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
I’ve fabricated one using the ST220 inlet tracts and made my own plenum with flange welded on for the throttle body. I’m using an Impreza throttle body. It fits nice and snug to rocker cover and fits under my wiper linkage. My engine is mounted as far back as it can be without touching the bulkhead

big_wasa

posted on 14/6/19 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Any chance of sticking some photos up please ?
RWD Focus

posted on 15/6/19 at 05:06 AM Reply With Quote
Im away for the weekend but will sort some when I'm back

big_wasa

posted on 15/6/19 at 06:06 AM Reply With Quote
No problem, Thankyou.
Badger_McLetcher

posted on 15/6/19 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
After yet another day of frustration, I'm finally giving up on my ITB set up - there's just too many problems and it's too fragile (due to my inexperience with such systems and learning as I go); also the results you guys are getting from the ST200 inlet are awesome!

As I can't really be bothered to start an ITB setup from scratch again at this point; can someone tell me what the dimensions of the ST200 manifold are? Especially how far back the throttle body sits, as my coolant bottle is slap bang in the middle of my bulkhead!

Cheers,
Ben

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

40inches

posted on 15/6/19 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Badger_McLetcher
After yet another day of frustration, I'm finally giving up on my ITB set up - there's just too many problems and it's too fragile (due to my inexperience with such systems and learning as I go); also the results you guys are getting from the ST200 inlet are awesome!

As I can't really be bothered to start an ITB setup from scratch again at this point; can someone tell me what the dimensions of the ST200 manifold are? Especially how far back the throttle body sits, as my coolant bottle is slap bang in the middle of my bulkhead!

Cheers,
Ben

I think you will have plenty of room for the coolant bottle Ben, the manifold isn't really that big, you can get to the spark plugs easily.
If you need any specific dimensions I can pop up to the garage?
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description

[Edited on 15-6-19 by 40inches]

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 15/6/19 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
That sounds promising then! If you could tell me how far back from the rear of the engine the throttle body protudes I can make a call on whether I've got the room to fit it!
Cheers,
Ben

40inches

posted on 15/6/19 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Badger_McLetcher
That sounds promising then! If you could tell me how far back from the rear of the engine the throttle body protudes I can make a call on whether I've got the room to fit it!
Cheers,
Ben

From the back of the left hand/nearside cylinder head = 90mm, that's a ST220 TB

sdh2903

posted on 16/6/19 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Dave are you using a std 220 60mm throttle body or an enlarged one?
40inches

posted on 16/6/19 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Dave are you using a std 220 60mm throttle body or an enlarged one?

Just the standard one. Seems adequate

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 16/6/19 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
From the back of the left hand/nearside cylinder head = 90mm, that's a ST220 TB

Awesome, looks like it'll fit with some minor relocation of stuff; thanks for the info! The inlet and mapping are basically the only thing holding up getting the car finished at the moment, so hopefully using the ST200 inlet will let me get it running soon

RWD Focus

posted on 16/6/19 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure if any of you have any luck dealing with Bruce at Rocketeer but heres my experience of trying to buy a sump and gated baffle kit from him for the AJ30 engine.

Original enquiry by phone in early April, and he told me to email my enquiry him. This i did mid April and was told sumps available end of May. I then by reply sent him my full name, address, phone number and offered to pay in full up front for a sump. No reply to that email. In early June i emailed and asked if he had any update on the availability of sumps. again no reply. This morning i emailed him asking if he had any update and also asked if he was receiving my emails as he didn't seem to reply very often. His reply has just landed and it says the following:

Richard.
The sumps we have in stock are earmarked for kits. It'll be another couple of months before we have any surplus.

Best regards

Bruce

I understand a kit sale will make him more money than a sump sale but why not make it clear the sumps in production were for kits and not individual sale. The word tosser springs to mind, im pretty sure if i dealt with my customers in this way in either of my businesses i would have some very unhappy customers.
Rant over.
On with sump making tomorrow that will be ok for rallying rather than the one i made just to get a run out of the car as i was fully intent on using a proven one from Rocketeer.

[Edited on 16/6/19 by RWD Focus]

40inches

posted on 16/6/19 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Not sure if any of you have any luck dealing with Bruce at Rocketeer but heres my experience of trying to buy a sump and gated baffle kit from him for the AJ30 engine.

Original enquiry by phone in early April, and he told me to email my enquiry him. This i did mid April and was told sumps available end of May. I then by reply sent him my full name, address, phone number and offered to pay in full up front for a sump. No reply to that email. In early June i emailed and asked if he had any update on the availability of sumps. again no reply. This morning i emailed him asking if he had any update and also asked if he was receiving my emails as he didn't seem to reply very often. His reply has just landed and it says the following:

Richard.
The sumps we have in stock are earmarked for kits. It'll be another couple of months before we have any surplus.

Best regards

Bruce

I understand a kit sale will make him more money than a sump sale but why not make it clear the sumps in production were for kits and not individual sale. The word tosser springs to mind, im pretty sure if i dealt with my customers in this way in either of my businesses i would have some very unhappy customers.
Rant over.
On with sump making tomorrow that will be ok for rallying rather than the one i made just to get a run out of the car as i was fully intent on using a proven one from Rocketeer.

Why not use the X-Type sump and pick up?

RWD Focus

posted on 16/6/19 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
It hits my crossmember, Its an xtype one i have altered to get a run out of the car.
I will just baffle it properly and use that one with slight changes to my crossmember.

Update on Rocketeers customer service skills. My latest email below and then his reply.

Bruce
Why didn’t you say that in April when i first emailed you, this was after phoning to enquire about a sump and being told to email my enquiry.
You then sent the following email on 26th April
"Richard,
New sumps should be in at the end of May.
Price is £350 including fitting kit and baffle.
A gated baffle is available if you're thinking of track work. Price £75
Bruce”

I then offered to pay for one and sent you my full name and address to which i received no reply.

Now you tell me no sumps available. Brilliant customer service skills i must say.
I will ensure as many people as possible get to know how you look after potential customers.

His reply has just arrived.

Richard.
I am looking after customers who have bought full kits. I'm sorry if that is inconvenient for you.
I'm grateful for the condor in your reply. Given your reaction I'll not be supplying you any parts at any time at any price.

Good day.

Im impressed by his response
What a legend.

Tig welder out tomorrow and Bruce can stick his sump up his hole, what a wanker.

dazq

posted on 16/6/19 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Did you experiment with the VVT?

Did the mapper say it's worth while/noticeable when the VVT is used?

[Edited on 28/2/19 by CosKev3]

The VVT was set to cut in at 5200rpm as on the S-Type, and yes you can see the blip on the graph, worth about
15bhp and 10 torques
I am going back, in about an hour, to have a play with the VVT. A power run with and without it fully activated, the logic being that there should be a cross over point that will become the switch point
The ST200 plenum and ST220 throttle body work well, still accelerating past the 7200RPM red line.
If you are running MS2 Extra I can email you the Msq file, when it is finalised?

I would be very interested in a copy of your msq file please, your rolling road results are really encouraging.

40inches

posted on 17/6/19 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote

I would be very interested in a copy of your msq file please, your rolling road results are really encouraging.

You have a U2U

Partofthechaos

posted on 17/6/19 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
I've measured the standard (?) 2.5L Ford V6 manifold. The inlet is 57mm, the ports onto the lower manifold are 27mm (long) and 30mm (short). Is anyone able to tell me how far away from the ST200 manifold is this please? Externally it is a very similar design as far as I can tell.

Thanks.

Description
Description
Description
Description

[Edited on 17/6/19 by Partofthechaos]

[Edited on 17/6/19 by Partofthechaos]

sdh2903

posted on 18/6/19 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
St200 inlet. Throttle inlet is just over 65mm. Smaller port is 30mm and bigger 31.5.

Jagin1
Jagin1

Jagin2
Jagin2

Jagin3
Jagin3

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.