Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: CNC Machining - suggestions
Dangle_kt

posted on 9/4/19 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
CNC Machining - suggestions

Hi folks,

I sold the locost I built a fair few years ago, but I still pop on here now again and dream about the FOR SALE section.

Over the last few years I have setup a company to manufacture low volume, high quality motorcycle parts in the UK. I've invested a lot in getting set up with some quality equipment and it's going well, and I'm looking to expand into other areas of motorsport.

I machine parts using a HAAS CNC Mill and CNC Lathe, and would be interested at going back to my roots and making some parts for kit cars - not looking to get into fabrication or anything, but interested in making billet aluminium parts for kits, or accessories.

So, I'm curious, do you have any products you wished someone made?

A few that spring to mind from when I was building my car, such as gear levers, paddles, light mounts/risers, mirror mounts - the idea being is they would be bespoke enough to just bolt on, but standard enough so they aren't all one offs.

I'd welcome your thoughts

Thanks

nick205

posted on 9/4/19 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
A panel to mount toggle switches with protection inbetween the switches to pass the IVA inspection.
hughpinder

posted on 10/4/19 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
I think there are some bits required for a 'midlana' build that need turned ends to fit suspension tubes, suspension mounts and the like which might be possible - I will send some sketches of the sort of thing, if you are interested.
Angel Acevedo

posted on 10/4/19 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
Tie Rod Extensions (track Rod ?)
Here in Mexico I had to get my Wishbone end tubes however they are called turned as I couldn´t find suitable steel tube.
PU or Delrin Bushes?
Hope this helps.

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 10/4/19 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
Spacers for people using Rose joints instead of bushes.
Dangle_kt

posted on 11/4/19 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, the toggle switch is interesting, do the little loops not work for folk?

Delrin and aluminium are all straight forward.

Thanks!

nick205

posted on 11/4/19 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
The little loops must work, I've seen people use them and IIRC BMW Mini's have them as well.

You might be able to be more inventive with shapes if you're CNC'ing from a bit of Aluminium bar though. You could even anodise them too.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.