Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which CV joints, 100mm or 108mm
Oddified

posted on 5/5/19 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Which CV joints, 100mm or 108mm

I'm looking at assembling new/stronger drive shafts (welded shafts at the minute...fine while the engine is standard for now!), will the 100mm lobro bolt on cv joints cope with say 500bhp and grip (drag racing with slicks as an extreme), or would it be better just to bite the bullet and go for 108mm cv's straight away?.

Ian

40inches

posted on 5/5/19 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Oddified
I'm looking at assembling new/stronger drive shafts (welded shafts at the minute...fine while the engine is standard for now!), will the 100mm lobro bolt on cv joints cope with say 500bhp and grip (drag racing with slicks as an extreme), or would it be better just to bite the bullet and go for 108mm cv's straight away?.

Ian

I think you have answered your own question, do it once and do it right
Saw your car at Stoneleigh, I was parked a couple of cars away. Very impressive build

big_wasa

posted on 5/5/19 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:
Originally posted by Oddified

Ian

I think you have answered your own question, do it once and do it right
Saw your car at Stoneleigh, I was parked a couple of cars away. Very impressive build

I saw yours, shame you wasn’t around to see the engine

And the op’s Duratec 30 Metro behind was awesome.

What’s the gearbox

[Edited on 5/5/19 by big_wasa]

Oddified

posted on 5/5/19 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
I thought someone would say that! lol, and to be fair your probably right, just go for the 108mm and be done with it.

I was around the show all day and went back to the car from time to time but getting away again from the car and all the questions was a challenge!. It'll be back on rawcus pitch again tomorrow.

The gearbox is an Audi 012 (in many Audi A4's 5's etc etc), quite commonly used now as a transaxle in mid engined kits/specials. The same as used by Speed3 in their 6r4 rep and also the RS Retro RS200 replica at the show.

Ian

rusty nuts

posted on 5/5/19 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
I’m at Stoneleigh at the moment, saw your car earlier as others have said . I rather liked the 100e sitting near yours

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.