Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bolt head marked 110....
r1_pete

posted on 17/6/19 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Bolt head marked 110....

Looking to replace some flywheel bolts.

They are M10 x 1mm, with a head marking - 110.

Can anyone help with what 110 means??

Thinking I need at leat 10.9 grade to replace, unless 110 means a higher grade.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 18/6/19 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
I don't know what the 110 refers to and can't find anything obvious on internet searches either. I'd start by speaking to a decent fastener supplier to see if they can tell you and supply suitable replacements.

You mention they're for a flywheel. Could you source some bolts from the manufacturer - e.g. Ford?

obfripper

posted on 18/6/19 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
There's a couple options here;
Vag , vauxhall, ford all use m10x1 bolts, i have seen 10.9 , 11.9 , 12.9 marked on those, as well as unmarked special bolts or manufacturer specific id codes.
Is there any chance the marking is 11.9 and poorly formed? - this is often the case with vag flywheel bolts.
I know Inbus make non standard bolts marked with tensile strength in kg/mm², 110 would equal 1070N/mm2 which is slightly higher than a standard iso 10.9 bolt.

LUK do a selection of replacement flywheel bolts that cover at least 70% of modern vehicles, if you can find the part number via the luk web catalog and stick that into the eurocarparts search bar it should give you a price and availability - the ecp lookup does not usually give flywheel bolts as an option even though they can supply them.

Dave

big_wasa

posted on 18/6/19 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Aren’t fords bigger than m10 ? I am sure a Zetec is m11
obfripper

posted on 18/6/19 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Aren’t fords bigger than m10 ? I am sure a Zetec is m11

There are quite a few a variations, cvh is m10x1, zetec m11x1, duratec m12x1, psa sourced diesels m9x1, lynx m10x1 for just a few, the marking of bolt grades varies across all of them.

Dave

r1_pete

posted on 18/6/19 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers all, they are for a manual flywheel on a V6 24v Cosworth engine, which were mainly auto, so the parts suppliers don’t keep them.

The engine has obviously been run without a spigot bearing as all the bolt heads were knackered where they were in contact with the gearbox shaft.

12.9 M10 x 1 with socket heads are common, can’t find any hex heads.

How long are CVH flywheel bolts? Anyone know...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
40inches

posted on 18/6/19 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
I had some hex/flange head ones that I used on the Jag flywheel, I'll have a look round tomorrow Pete, they may have gone AWOL during the house move
40inches

posted on 19/6/19 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry Pete, can't find any I used them on the prop shaft to diff as well.
So I used them all, or they are hiding in the crap that came from the old house.

obfripper

posted on 19/6/19 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
The cvh bolts are m10x1x23
Standard v6 cosworth manual is m10x1x32.5
Auto v6 cosworth is m10x1x38

I've had a look at work and through my odds and ends;
Vag N91006101 is close at 35mm with a 15mm flanged hex head and 12.9 grade.
Vag N90975601 is 32mm but has a xzn cap head instead, unmarked grade but would assume at least 10.9.
Pinto bolts are 28-30mm if you can find some uprated ones and at the longer end of the range.

Dave

mcerd1

posted on 19/6/19 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by obfripper
Pinto bolts are 28-30mm if you can find some uprated ones and at the longer end of the range.

ARP ones for pinto's / cossie YB's are ~29mm lg (1.15"

burtons sell cap head ones that are 30mm lg

-

r1_pete

posted on 21/6/19 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by obfripper
The cvh bolts are m10x1x23
Standard v6 cosworth manual is m10x1x32.5
Auto v6 cosworth is m10x1x38

I've had a look at work and through my odds and ends;
Vag N91006101 is close at 35mm with a 15mm flanged hex head and 12.9 grade.
Vag N90975601 is 32mm but has a xzn cap head instead, unmarked grade but would assume at least 10.9.

Dave

Cheers,

The VAG flanged bolts would be ideal, I’ll get searching...

scimjim

posted on 21/6/19 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Cheers all, they are for a manual flywheel on a V6 24v Cosworth engine, which were mainly auto, so the parts suppliers don’t keep them.

Did ford ever put a manual box on the 24v cosworth v6? I thought you had to use the 12v flywheel etc to fit the type 9, T5 or MT75.

r1_pete

posted on 22/6/19 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
Yes they produced manual cars but they were all 4 wheel drive.

I had a 4 wd and a 2 wd mt75 box I was going to amalgamate to make a 2 wd v6 box, but they got stolen along with an RX8 box and other un identifiable metal....

So I’m back to parts gathering again....

r1_pete

posted on 22/6/19 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks all, I cross referenced the numbers with luk parts and got a set from euro car parts just up the road from me.

Sorted thanks to lcb once again....

Cheers.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.