Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Headlamp switch swap from Sierra to Audi
harmchar

posted on 17/6/19 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Headlamp switch swap from Sierra to Audi

Evening locust gurus, I had a brain fart few months back and decided I would change the usual Sierra steering column headlamp switch to an Audi A4 item. The reason for this was it would solve the issue of fog lamps only switching on when headlamps on and reset to off when headlamps are switched off then on again.
Can't get my head round how to start to find out which wires are which and how to transfer them to the Audi item.
I know it's a slim chance, but has anyone else tried to fit an Audi switch and kept a diagram or pics?
Cheers for any advice
Charlie

nick205

posted on 18/6/19 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Do you have (or can you get) a Haynes manual for the relevant Audi A4?

The manuals usually have wiring diagrams in them and might help you work out the connections.

harmchar

posted on 18/6/19 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
I was looking at the Audi manual diagram online just before I posted on here. Looking at the diagram on iPad was doing my head in. So I will print it out on a3 and try to trace if it's even possible. I would have been finished this car long time ago if I would stop making life more complicated than it has to be.
Will have to wait till weekend before I get back to it.
Cheers.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.