Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford Type 9 with concentric hydraulic clutch
Thatcher

posted on 30/6/19 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
Ford Type 9 with concentric hydraulic clutch

Hi everyone,

I have a type 9 gearbox with concentric hydraulic clutch which is not fully engaging with the clutch cover plate. I am fortunately able to see it actually work looking through the original clutch arm hole in the bell housing. My question is how much travel does a concentric slave cylinder move? My slave is packed out so there is no space between the slave and clutch cover fingers. I can see the movement of about 4mm, is this amount of travel expected from this type of slave cylinder or is there a shortfall of travel. Any advice would be very helpful.

Regards

Tony.

rusty nuts

posted on 30/6/19 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
Do you have air in the system? What pedal ratio ? What size bore is the master cylinder do you have?
Thatcher

posted on 30/6/19 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, I have a clutch master cylinder that's .625 and is freshly been bled as for the pedal ratio I haven't got the first idea what to do to work that out.

Thanks for the interest in my problem.

Tony.

Thatcher

posted on 30/6/19 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, I have a clutch master cylinder that's .625 and is freshly been bled as for the pedal ratio I haven't got the first idea what to do to work that out.

Thanks for the interest in my problem.

Tony.

rusty nuts

posted on 30/6/19 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
It’s possible a larger bore master cylinder would help but it may increase the amount of pedal pressure? If you are using a non integral type M/C they are available in several bore sizes from around £21.50 plus VAT and postage from Rally Design
Thatcher

posted on 30/6/19 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info, Rusty.
obfripper

posted on 30/6/19 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
As the gearbox is fitted, the clutch fingers should push the release bearing back 15-17mm from uncompressed, this should be reversed during your clutch pedal operation.
If the release bearing was not pushed back this far during fitting, it cannot travel further than its uncompressed position and would require extra spacers.
If it was pushed back this far, then either the system needs bleeding or the m/c bore is too small/ratio is too high.
With a .625 cylinder you need a 5.5:1 pedal ratio if you have the ford galaxy type csc (green bellows and long bleed screw).

Dave

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.