Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MXS Strada Calibration issues
hkp57

posted on 23/7/19 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
MXS Strada Calibration issues

Does anyone on here have a Gen 1 busa running a standard ECU with a AIM MXS Strada 1.2 dash

We are having issues setting up fuel gauge calibration, gear change indicator and neutral lights.

AIM customer support have been a challenge to say it mildly

Fleet
SKC Raptor R - Hayabusa
Toyota C-HR Hybrid Limited Edition
Honda VFR1200 CrossTourer
DCT
Marlin Roadster 1800
Mercedes Vito 116 Sport

Moorron

posted on 24/7/19 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
I have just bought the same dash from Aim, a very nice piece of kit.

I haven't even fitted mine yet but have done some testing on the bench to make sure things work as they should.

How are you interfacing with the feeds? are you using the canbus/obd ports to acquire the data from the engine? If so I cant help much as I have opted for the optional VIM module to get all my data into the Dash.

There are many diferent specs online for the dash itself, some say its got 4 anologue inputs and others 8. It seems some of them are listing the full MXS (with data logging) specs on the strada 1.2. Then you also have the original strada which make it even worse.

But, after alot of reading i think im getting there and might be able to help if you are trying to setup Race studio 3. The anologue inputs can cause some headaches if you are not clued up on electronics. Take the neutral light, it is an open circuit that closes to earth on my engine, but the inputs on the dash cant detect this with just a simple wire, you have to set a small voltage devider circuit up in the loom or on a breadboard so the dash sees a voltage, and then when the neutral switch closes drops that voltage (not all the way to 0), you then set a simple trigger in Race studio 3 to switch on you chosen light/warning if the voltage is below a given amount.

Does this help?

Sorry about my spelling, im an engineer and only work in numbers.

hkp57

posted on 25/7/19 at 02:23 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply, we are using the 1.2 version with the VIM module as my 2003 ECU does not do Canbus.

This has been an ongoing saga with AIM for over 3 months now, the unit has been back to them twice and once it had to have new circuit boards due to the originals being fried. reason for the short was the way the AIM support team said it should be wired.

Now we are dealing with AIM Italy direct who now want us to pay for them to connect remotely and reconfigure the firmware and correct the bugs that are in it. even though it is all wired and confirmed by AIM correctly it still wont hold a setting, they even calibrated the unit for their fuel sender off of the car and soon as its installed back onto the loom its reading totally wrong. It wont hold a setting either, so they said it must have a permanent feed which it did already.

The neutral light is wire exactly per their instructions but software does not want to know

After that they said wire the switched feed and permanent feed a different way and now it wont turn off. frustration to the highest level for such an expensive product.

Fleet
SKC Raptor R - Hayabusa
DCT
Marlin Roadster 1800
Mercedes Vito 116 Sport

hkp57

posted on 31/7/19 at 02:40 AM Reply With Quote
Frustration continues, after another remote access session from their technical guys the dash is on its way back to AIM for the third time now they agree it was wired correctly all along.

All functions work now with the new configuration file they uploaded with exception of the Neutral indicator and the fuel levels

Fleet
SKC Raptor R - Hayabusa
DCT
Marlin Roadster 1800
Mercedes Vito 116 Sport

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.