Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Turbo Pinto 100e Build Series
theduck

posted on 22/1/20 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Turbo Pinto 100e Build Series

Well I suppose it is about time I show you all what is replacing the Robin Hood, so here it is, the first video in a project car series. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

For those of you who havent seen them posted elsewhere, there have been a couple of videos showing some mini-projects going on prior to the start of the build, so you may be interested in catching up on this playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhF8mZsmx_w&list=PL-_tWQqniU8kE9fgNjIv3RsQQ0AwjvdbN

[Edited on 22/1/20 by theduck]

theduck

posted on 29/1/20 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote

Nothing too exciting in this weeks video Iím afraid as work hasnít properly started, but some explanation as to the plan for the car and the parts we will be using to achieve those goals. Hope you enjoy 😊

theduck

posted on 5/2/20 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote

About time we started work on making the 100e a roller again

theduck

posted on 12/2/20 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Its 7pm (ish) on a Wednesday, so it's new video time! In this weeks video we finish making the 100e a roller again! We make a custom panhard bar, make brackets for the front suspension components, and finalise the steering setup. For such a mix match of components it has all gone together surprisingly well and even the ride heights are close enough to make it work so this is the first big milestone ticked off.

Next week we'll be ticking off another milestone, getting the engine and gearbox properly mounted in the car.

theduck

posted on 19/2/20 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
​
Seems I forgot what my own release schedule was when i posted last week, so no engine mountingtoday, instead you get to see me starting work on repairing the scrap yard fibreglass bonnet. The more I work on this bonnet, the more I have come to realise, it really wasnt as good as it looked in the photos, and realistically it wasnt worth the "saving" over buying a new one. Having said that, if I had bought a new one then I wouldnt have had much I could get on with while the car is still at my mates, so in a way, it has been quite nice to have this to focus on during the weekday evenings when i cant get over to work on the rest of the car.

PorkChop

posted on 19/2/20 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Painting resin over gelcoat cracks isn't the best way to fix them if you don't want them coming back...
theduck

posted on 19/2/20 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
You are right of course, but it was a case of I donít have any gel coat so wasnít going to do a proper repair and i thought it was worth trying. Long run i expect Iíll change this bonnet, and possibly sooner if I have issues with it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.