Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wireless CCTV Camera
Ian Pearson

posted on 27/1/20 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
Wireless CCTV Camera

Do any of you have any advice on where I can buy some decent outdoor Wireless CCTV cameras. We have seasonal "visitors" doing the rounds year after year and I'd like to have some cameras as a deterrent to these opportunists. Power is not a problem, but as we have a long narrow garden, I'd prefer decent wireless cameras. Apart from stuff on Amazon, I haven't a clue where to look. Searches don't really bring up much, but that's probably my fault.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ian.

loggyboy

posted on 27/1/20 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a Floureon kit from ebay. Allows app access to both live and recorded videos.
Was cheap (£80ish), came with 4 HD cameras and it just need an old hard drive (you can buy one in most kits as an extra but I was replacing an old CCTV unit so had a drive spare). It has 8 channels so you can add more cameras too. (I have 3 set up)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8CH-1080P-AHD-DVR-4X-3000TVL-720P-Camera-CCTV-Security-System-Kit-Surveillance/202471900825

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Mistral Motorsport

loggyboy

posted on 27/1/20 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Just realised the LCB image host has compressed the images.
Here are the orginals. These are just screen shots off my mobile. Quality is even better if you download via the app.

Mistral Motorsport

loggyboy

posted on 27/1/20 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry I missed the bit where you mentioned wireless! (only the first word of the thread!!)

However, whilst it is a pain wiring them in, you still need to power the wireless ones so its only a little more effort running some cables to the cameras for video.

Mistral Motorsport

Ian Pearson

posted on 27/1/20 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
Many thanks for the reply. I've power more or less the full length of the plot, but ideally would like wireless cameras. I could put in cable, but I've reached that age where everything takes me twice as long as it used to!
loggyboy

posted on 27/1/20 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
I also have a couple of Xiaomi PTZ ones indoors, which are also excellent. For the sake of a £30 maybe try a cheap Banggood/Gearbest outdoor one.

https://uk.banggood.com/10LED-5X-Zoom-HD-2MP-IP-Security-Camera-WiFi-Wireless-1080P-Outdoor-PTZ-Waterproof-Night-Vision-ONVIF-p-1527199.html?rmmds=cat egory&ID=47758&cur_warehouse=CN

Below is what I have, no good for outdoor but its such good value, Although i got it for ~£20 with a free 64gb memory card, so worth watching any things on those sites for a few weeks as prices are up and down more than a slappers knickers.

indoor ptz

[Edited on 27-1-20 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

Wheels244

posted on 27/1/20 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
I’ve got Arlo Pro 2
Wireless
Good quality
No subscription for 5 or less cameras
Alerts and watch on mobile, iPad etc.
Automatically stored online for 7 days.
Not cheap though.

Build Blog: http://wheels244.wordpress.com/

Ian Pearson

posted on 27/1/20 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
I also have a couple of Xiaomi PTZ ones indoors, which are also excellent. For the sake of a £30 maybe try a cheap Banggood/Gearbest outdoor one.

https://uk.banggood.com/10LED-5X-Zoom-HD-2MP-IP-Security-Camera-WiFi-Wireless-1080P-Outdoor-PTZ-Waterproof-Night-Vision-ONVIF-p-1527199.html?rmmds=cat egory&ID=47758&cur_warehouse=CN

Below is what I have, no good for outdoor but its such good value, Although i got it for ~£20 with a free 64gb memory card, so worth watching any things on those sites for a few weeks as prices are up and down more than a slappers knickers.

indoor ptz

[Edited on 27-1-20 by loggyboy]

Many thanks. I'll do as you suggest. I might spend a little time installing some cabling. With a bit of luck I'll have some spare change left over for some slapper and her knickers!!

Ian Pearson

posted on 27/1/20 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wheels244
I’ve got Arlo Pro 2
Wireless
Good quality
No subscription for 5 or less cameras
Alerts and watch on mobile, iPad etc.
Automatically stored online for 7 days.
Not cheap though.

Many thanks, I'll have a look.

Robbaa

posted on 27/1/20 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
my mrs bought be a Ring go camera with two batteries, i cant recommend it enough- quality was amazing. night vision and the app on your phone was all simple and great. wifi range only about 15m though is the only drawback.
jacko

posted on 28/1/20 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look at the Argos range as it happens I was only looking at getting some cameras tonight
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jossey

posted on 29/1/20 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
Neos

25 quid each

Free cloud storage and app

Good quality

Cheap as chips

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 29/1/20 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ian Pearson
Many thanks for the reply. I've power more or less the full length of the plot, but ideally would like wireless cameras. I could put in cable, but I've reached that age where everything takes me twice as long as it used to!

If wired is the only option, power line adaptors would give you a network connection with no extra work - although the speed may be impacted by the length of cable run

gremlin1234

posted on 29/1/20 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
quote:
Originally posted by Ian Pearson

If wired is the only option, power line adaptors would give you a network connection with no extra work - although the speed may be impacted by the length of cable run
I dislike 'powerline adaptors' but sometimes they can be a good solution, and this might be one.

MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 29/1/20 at 11:45 PM Reply With Quote
I've been very suspicious of them, however after setting then up at home (CCTV in the attic) I've been impressed. It just works.
coyoteboy

posted on 30/1/20 at 01:24 AM Reply With Quote
I tried to run 2 cameras over power line adapters with the DVR in the hous and had no end of trouble, ended up digging up the drive and running a cat6 cable to the CCTV/CNC in the garage and putting the DVR under the floor in the house, finally no recording dropouts.

cerbera

posted on 30/1/20 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Just fitted the Ankler Eufycam E and I'm pretty impressed so far. Completely wireless and claims batteries should last up to 1 year (If I get 6 months I'd be happy). Local storage and access to storage, live feed and the ability to converse with someone from a smart phone.

They keep going on offer on Amazon for £260, which gives you two camersa and a basestation with included SD card.

In fact they're at £260 at the moment.

[Edited on 30/1/20 by cerbera]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.