Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Modify from original SVA/IVA
peter030371

posted on 10/6/20 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FEZ1025

So you're asking me to believe some random guy on the Internet about some convenient phone calls he may or may not have had over what I can see written in black & white, good luck with that one.

Sorry have I offended you? I have been trying to help/ clarify a MOT issue that is not new and has been causing confusion for many years. The 'black and white' which you linked too has the answer but I am not going to argue the toss with you.

Thanks for the offer of good luck but I don't need it in this case. My car, Q plate and registered in 2004, is still smoke test only and this is how it was tested a few months ago (well after the last update to the regulations).

obfripper

posted on 10/6/20 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
As a tester, you carry out pre checks before you start an MOT in accordance with the introduction section of the manual to establish the testing standards to be applied for that vehicle.

If the vehicle is Q plated, it has no defined date of first use, therefore the dates given in that section are applied for that vehicle.

The post 08/98 kit car limits are only applicable to kit cars with a first used date newer than 08/98, with a Q plate this date is considered pre 08/75, hence the visual only check.

The Q plate MOT requirements have not changed in the time since the Q plate was introduced, the layout of the manual has majorly changed 3 times, but the relevant content has not.

Dave

Mr Whippy

posted on 10/6/20 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
So you are all saying that anything with a Q plate is not a Kitcar?

Q plates can be on all sorts of vehicles from imports, trikes to modified landrovers, not just kit cars. The regulations for emissions will not change just as they don't change for old classics or vintage cars as it is assumed that to meet modern standards would be technically impossible. It its correct that only a smoke test applies to Q plates and will continue to be that way.

To the OP yes feel free to alter the engine post IVA, you will probably have to get a garage to do a written confirmation of any capacity changes but that's easy. I myself have swapped 2ltrs to 3ltrs with no difficult and compared to tin tops the increase in insurance is laughably cheap.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
FEZ1025

posted on 10/6/20 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by peter030371

Sorry have I offended you?
Get over yourself this isn't Fecesbook takes a lot more the a comment on a page to offend me, I'm a big boomer boy not a frigging snowflake

Mr Whippy

posted on 10/6/20 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
a what?

URBAN DICTIONARY TOP DEFINITION

Boomer Boy -

A person who was born after the baby boomer generation, but feels sympathetic towards boomers, doesn't have any friends his age and usually hangs out with boomers, listens to music from the baby boomer era, and shares interests with the many boomers he's around. Usually thinks he is smarter, older, and more experienced than his peers and thinks he learns more from boomers than actual education. Thinks he is tough and smart, although he cannot take jokes and gets offended if anyone even jokes about baby boomers. Basically, a white knight, but for baby boomers.

Person 1: "Boomers need to stop thinking we're so stupid if they don't even know how to use the internet."
Person 2: "Shut up or I won't talk to you again! They're smarter than you think!"
Person 1: "Quit being a bleeping boomer boy."

#boomers#baby boomers#respect your elders

by NotINef December 29, 2019

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
peter030371

posted on 10/6/20 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Get over yourself this isn't Fecesbook takes a lot more the a comment on a page to offend me, I'm a big boomer boy not a frigging snowflake

lol, I was not trying to offend anyone petal

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.