Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Front suspension
planetester

posted on 27/5/20 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
Front suspension

I may be asking for a lot of help in the coming months, has anybody got a decent picture of a locost front suspension, Arms, Pivots, coilovers, track rods that has recently passed the IVA, in the 10 years ive been away lots of things have change, was going to use hoses and shrink sleeving but that has been outlawed.

thanks in advance

coyoteboy

posted on 27/5/20 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Hoses and shrink sleeving for what?!

planetester

posted on 27/5/20 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Track rod ends
russbost

posted on 27/5/20 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Not worth faffing with anything else when this sort of thing is readily available for peanuts

Linky

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Deckman001

posted on 27/5/20 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
You can just about see the track rod ends covered by what Russ says

Description
Description

Jason

SteveWalker

posted on 27/5/20 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Not worth faffing with anything else when this sort of thing is readily available for peanuts

Linky

But worth looking elsewhere, they are just cable gland shrouds. From memory, 20S is about 26mm ID and are available for just £2.99 for a pair, plus the unneeded glands from Screwfix - Linky There are tables of gland sizes and nut dimensions available for checking online.

Which of course you can pick up within an hour or so as click-and-collect if you have a local store.

[Edited on 27/5/20 by SteveWalker]

planetester

posted on 28/5/20 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks, ordered
Looking at the IVA manual section 16(Exterior projections) Fig 5 page 10, does it mean the bottom of the coilovers and adjuster dont need protecting

russbost

posted on 28/5/20 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by planetester
Thanks, ordered
Looking at the IVA manual section 16(Exterior projections) Fig 5 page 10, does it mean the bottom of the coilovers and adjuster dont need protecting

Anything which is enclosed between the A/V section of the upper & lower wishbones is exempt from the sharp edge test

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
G13BLocost

posted on 28/5/20 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
What do you mean by outlawed? I had planned on using a few layers of thick heat shrink to smooth out my tierod joints. Anything official on this?

My Locost blog: ogilvietacing.com

russbost

posted on 28/5/20 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Anything protecting a sharp edge must be "durable, serviceable & permanent" heat shrink fails on the serviceable part as when you asjust tracking it will get knackered & to replace you'd need to remove the TRE, hence many folks would just leave it off, whereas with the cable dhrouds you can slide back & re cable tie after adjustment

G13BLocost

posted on 28/5/20 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
That sucks. Given that it's going all fall off on the trailer ride home...

My Locost blog: ogilvietacing.com

planetester

posted on 29/5/20 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the answers, I'm much happier now

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.