Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mobile welder and fabricator local to SM6 Greater London
spiderman01980

posted on 28/5/20 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
Mobile welder and fabricator local to SM6 Greater London

I need some brackets fabricated and welded to the chassis to take a nova reverse box. Doing some research on reverse boxes I've found that a lot of people have managed to rip the brackets of the chassis on a Megabusa, if westfield cant get it right then i have no hope. I have a cheap welder that can only weld max 3mm and ideally think the brackets need to be a minimum 5mm. I also downloaded the megabusa build manual and the brackets look very flimsy and i now understand why they get ripped off. Can anyone help?

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

steve m

posted on 28/5/20 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
Neil Dunne is in Horsham Sussex, and I know he does do some off site welding, and does fabrication

https://www.neildunnewelding.co.uk/

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Theshed

posted on 28/5/20 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
A design that relies upon 5mm steel sounds very crude. It will feed any loads into a weld attached to a tube with a 1.5mm wall or thereabouts. I would look to spread the load if at all possible. A good excuse to watch a bit of Binky and engage in cardboard aided design.
spiderman01980

posted on 28/5/20 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Theshed
A design that relies upon 5mm steel sounds very crude. It will feed any loads into a weld attached to a tube with a 1.5mm wall or thereabouts. I would look to spread the load if at all possible. A good excuse to watch a bit of Binky and engage in cardboard aided design.

Totally agree, the diff brackets are 6mm so gonna try and copy a similar design. Got a guy coming to have a look that has years of experience in vehicle welding repair. Problem I have to get the car to his workshop after and I dought it will be cheap, but needs to be done right. If his gonna do a similar job as westfield then I might aswell do it myself.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.