Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS Gas turbine jet engine project
tegwin

posted on 11/6/20 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
FS Gas turbine jet engine project

Here is a partially built gas turbine engine. The original plan was to get the gas producer up and running and then build a power turbine. Expected output was about 4S.H.P.

turbine
turbine

More photos here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r56hn7fybf6rt5w/AAAx7mQhrnWIEo4M4YQ_dmFea?dl=0

What better way to turn diesel into noise and smoke!

Designed to start on propane and then run on high pressure atomised diesel.

Combustion chamber built to match the giant turbo. Burner nozzles and jets fitted. Diesel fuel oil pump fitted, oil circulation pump fitted with cooler and filter block. Various guages installed.

I did all the heavy metal bashing and started plumbing it all together and then ended up working away for several years so haven't touched it since. It needs someone to go through it all and finish the piping. Its not overly complex!

There's probably the best part of £2,000 worth of parts here including:
Giant KK turbo
A lot of steel.
Ultra high pressure fuel pump and jet (this was £300 by itsself)
Omron fibre-optic RPM sensor
High power DC motors to drive the pumps
Oil cooler, tank, filter block etc.
Electric blower to start the engine.
Cooling fans
Assorted pipe connections, tubes, clips etc.

Engine and parts are located in Plymouth. I could arrange to move them to Bristol if that is easier to collect. Total weight around 25kg.

£300 for the lot.... nice cheap project if someone wants a challenge and has a desire to wee their neighbours off

[Edited on 11/6/20 by tegwin]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

steve m

posted on 11/6/20 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Why not use it to heat up your new house ?

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

tegwin

posted on 11/6/20 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Why not use it to heat up your new house ?

Haha... I mean... thats a genius plan.... use heating oil and turn it into a combined heat/power/noise machine

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

SteveWalker

posted on 11/6/20 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
The last time I played with a gas turbine, it was an industrial RB-211, exhausting into a DR-61? power turbine and driving an 11kV, 3ph, 60hZ, 24MW generator - we were burning 120 litres a minute of red diesel!
tegwin

posted on 11/6/20 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker
The last time I played with a gas turbine, it was an industrial RB-211, exhausting into a DR-61? power turbine and driving an 11kV, 3ph, 60hZ, 24MW generator - we were burning 120 litres a minute of red diesel!

mmm meaty!

I started my career playing with the EJ200 trying to figure out why the back end kept melting..... turned out the pilots were banging the after burner from 0-100 too fast causing small explosions behind the burner injectors.... they were suitably re-educated.

JC

posted on 12/6/20 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker

mmm meaty!

I started my career playing with the EJ200 trying to figure out why the back end kept melting..... turned out the pilots were banging the after burner from 0-100 too fast causing small explosions behind the burner injectors.... they were suitably re-educated.

I blame the FADEC designers.....

Then again, if you ‘slammed’ the throttle on an old school engine like a Viper, then that was a sure path to a surge/compressor stall.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.