Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rwd Duratec 30 project for sale.
big_wasa

posted on 26/7/20 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Rwd Duratec 30 project for sale.

Big clear out coming so to start it of. Any interest in my Rwd Duratec 30 project.

Reason for sale, I have spent to much on my Zetec to change now and I want the space.

Engine, 104k 3.0 v6 long motor as taken by me from a rusty 2004 St220. Completely as it came out. It will need a refresh and clean with things like Sump and rocker gaskets and a rear crank oil seal.

5spd Rx8 gearbox and the end of the prop that fits in the box. Complete with gearshift, fork and slave. Again direct and dirty from the donor.

Johnathan Hughes 2nd gen adapter plate.
Mk1 v6 solid flywheel and used clutch ( for moch up )
Hybrid starter motor so no machining of the flywheel is necessary.

New Ttv St220 billet flywheel. Inc a new Luk csc. ( fwd )

A pair of very long primary stainless exhaust manifolds. Made by Ginetta for I beleve a G50.
Duratec30 / Jag Aj30 stainless Flanges are just tacked on as they are likely to need some fetling depending on the project they are going in. As is the Os side is very close to the starter and will need the adapter notching to clear. Or I was thinking of extending the down tubes for an over the chassis kitcar setup.

Standard ford St220 engine management system. With a custom one piece loom. I would describe this as experimental as I haven’t published the pinouts. It’s a one off and I’ve only run it for a few seconds. But it’s the same principle as the others I’ve done and the one I’ve installed in my Locost. Should be ideal for an Iva.

Box of st related parts. Jag rwd engine mounts / oil filter housing. Car battery.

Collection from near a Spalding Lincs.

Price is going to depend on the shiny bits like manifolds and Ttv that I would sell separate.

I would also do a deal on a crate 2.0 Zetec engine.

Price complete £1300
Price with out Ttv and exhaust manifolds. £900
I might brake it down further depending on interest. But I won’t sell the single mass ford flywheel on its own.

Ttv £260
Manifolds £400

Thanks for looking, any questions please ask.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

big_wasa

posted on 26/7/20 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
The Zetec

CosKev3

posted on 27/7/20 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Any idea on the weight of the TTV?

So the hybrid starter will work with the TTV and adapter plate?

Sorry to see your selling tbh

big_wasa

posted on 27/7/20 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
It’s listed as 4.3kg but I haven't checked myself.

http://ttvracing.com/products/?manufacturers=ford&engine=ford-st200220&type=flywheels

Yes is the same dia and teeth as the earlier Duratec 25 flywheel. I don’t know about clutch combos.

It’s not sold yet. But something has to go as I am out of space. If I can get the Indy into storage I might finish building and dressing it over winter. We shall see.

CosKev3

posted on 28/7/20 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks.
After looking at that link comparing the two types of flywheel I've got a nasty feeling that TTV flywheel wont work with a RX8 box and Mondeo clutch kit.
If you look how much deeper the flywheel is compared to the virtually flat V6 steel flywheel I think the clutch would be too near the gearbox?

[Edited on 28/7/20 by CosKev3]

Oddified

posted on 28/7/20 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
That flywheel looks like the ttv 1188, the same as i have. It's a direct replacement for the standard st220 dual mass in dimensions/thickness/ring gear etc (but a hell of a lot lighter!).
big_wasa

posted on 31/7/20 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
The flywheel is a touch deeper but the cover plate a touch shallower.
It doesn’t get much more compact than a fwd bellhousing but I haven’t had a clutch in the box to look.

Hi Ian it is the same as yours, thanks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.