Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA4 amateur build declaration ?
Deckman001

posted on 23/9/20 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
IVA4 amateur build declaration ?

'We require a complete IVA4 amateur build declaration.'

So I have received the above comment on my application, which is good as this is the last part I need to resolve. Seeing as I have not applied before or built a previous car I am not sure how to proceed with the above declaration. Has anyone who has passed an IVA application and test got a record of what they sent away and accepted ?

Cheers for any help offered.

Jason

snippy

posted on 23/9/20 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
Download an IVA4 form from Internet and fill it in and send it off. If you've built the car yourself tick option 2 and then tick the boxes to confirm what parts you have fitted. Its a simple form. I ticked them all.
snippy

posted on 23/9/20 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
Providing lots of receipts for the main components (as per tick boxes) and photos of those components being installed will also help.It explains on the form.
Deckman001

posted on 23/9/20 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
Ta matey, I bought the chassis as a part built and then finished it myself so hopefully that will still count.

Jason

snapper

posted on 23/9/20 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
Is this the form that ultimately provides evidence for which registration you would get? i.e. Q, age related or new?
If so there is a point system for different parts with a certain number of points needed for an age related reg

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

Deckman001

posted on 23/9/20 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Am not sure if I'll get an age plate as the engine that was supplied was not the one on the V5

So a Q plate will still be ok i think though.

The first part of the form asks about who built the car ensuring it wasn't by a person within the car industry

The second part of the form only asks what major parts were fitted by me, so
engine - tick
body - tick
Suspension - tick
Axles - tick
Transmission - tick
Steering assembly - tick

TimC

posted on 14/4/23 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
Dragging up an old thread here but I'm after some advice: on the IVA4 Amateur Built Declaration, say the car was very much of your own making but you'd e.g. had a fibreglass company fit the body, is it in any way detrimental to say that i.e. 3. The vehicle was built by myself and individuals acting on my behalf who are not in the business of building cars?

Ta

TimC

posted on 16/4/23 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
Oh no, I’m going to have to ask on Facebook aren’t I? Sad times.
Prof_Cook

posted on 17/4/23 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
Hopefully someone who has previously ticked Box 3 on their build will come back to you, but I am not aware of any problem in ticking Box 3, but I will be ticking Box 2 on the IVA4 form for Amateur Built declaration.

Just been re-reading the guide to the IVA. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/812087/individual-vehicle-approval-scheme-guide.pdf

Page 11 shows that "Amateur Built" will require only Basic IVA. Thats what I am aiming for on my "challenging project" elsewhere on this site.

To show Amateur Built is why I am also taking photos throughout my build of the construction/assembly of the components including fixing steering rack etc (manufactured by Mazda) to the frame within my garage so the IVA people can be shown its being amateur built. I assume you have built the frame and fitted all the other components and have unbolted/rebolted the body to the frame while fitting wiring etc and have appropriate photographs, then turning to the definition of "Amateur Built" on Page 49 if you have done the whole or substantial part of the work then - you could tick Box 2.

Problem with my advice is that I am still in the foothills of my build and the thought of a nice shiny ripple free bodywork is the distant peaks!

[Edited on 17/4/23 by Prof_Cook]

adithorp

posted on 19/4/23 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't mention the FG companies involvement. They'll be none the wiser.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

snapper

posted on 21/4/23 at 04:54 AM Reply With Quote
Don’t over complicate the answers, you built the car, you commissioned the fibreglass, DVLA won’t know who fitted it. It’s a bit like saying your mate fitted the wheels not me.
You can but some kit cars with bits pre-fitted, you still built the car

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

TimC

posted on 21/4/23 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Gents,

I'm sure that's wise counsel.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.