Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MX5 roadster engine mounts
FFMan

posted on 19/10/20 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
MX5 roadster engine mounts

Do people use solid engine mounts in track/race locost cars ? I have a roadster with pancake mounts past their best and i'm wondering which way to go, especially as the intention is to go FI at some point.

thanks

Mr Whippy

posted on 19/10/20 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Solid mounts won't make you go faster, your car will just feel and sound dreadful. Give it a go but you'll wish you hadn't bothered. Series landrover engine mounts, especially the diesel ones are both super cheap and quite compliant and should be a direct swap.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
FFMan

posted on 19/10/20 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Solid mounts won't make you go faster, your car will just feel and sound dreadful. Give it a go but you'll wish you hadn't bothered. Series landrover engine mounts, especially the diesel ones are both super cheap and quite compliant and should be a direct swap.

> Give it a go but you'll wish you hadn't bothered.

i have them in my historic race car, always been that way so i don't know any different, but on the track it is less important. I was going to say one less thing to fail, but the solid ones do from time to time.

thanks - which series landy ?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.