Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Renault UN1 gearboxes
v8kid

posted on 11/12/20 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Renault UN1 gearboxes

Hi Chaps,

Continuing the Garage clearout I have a complete Renault UN1 gearbox of the type fitted to the Alpine. That is the CWP is inverted by the factory. For a middie, this means that the gearbox is run upside down lowering the C of G and giving good driveshaft alignment. Bought as a spare and never used.

I also have brand new a set of close ratio internals with stronger one-piece input shaft made I think by Quaife. The second gear has a chip due to clumsy handling on my part but I'm told ( I think it was Chris Cole it's so long ago I forget - can still remember his bloody cold workshop though).

In addition, I have a Quaife brand new diff. I think the last 2 bits are circa £2k each new and boxes go for £1k

Also, have various bits probably enough to assemble another box should you be so inclined.

I contacted a dealer who was keen but wanted me to arrange pallets etc which is OK but not at dealer prices I felt I was being taken advantage of.

As others on this forum will tell you I'm not greedy make me a reasonable offer and I'll ship it to you

Cheers

David

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.