<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Looking for a new toy Tiger Cat
Ybotc

posted on 27/1/21 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
Looking for a new toy Tiger Cat

Hi not a Tiger Avon

but would appreciate any views on this car

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tiger-Cat-E1/154305032115?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

cheers
Toby

[Edited on 27/1/21 by Ybotc]

swanny

posted on 27/1/21 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
looks like it had lots of money thrown at it (heated seats!) the only bit of concern is that big crack on the rear. i presume the rear light got replaced, but they left the damaged panel.

not sure if that's strong money for a pinto?

big_wasa

posted on 27/1/21 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
It's a nice enough and I do think prices have risen in the last year but I also think that is very strong money for a Pinto Tiger Cat.

On the plus side Tiger are still going doo you should be able to pick up spares.

wylliezx9r

posted on 27/1/21 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
Way overpriced IMO - worth about 5-6k

[Edited on 27/1/21 by wylliezx9r]

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

Ybotc

posted on 27/1/21 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
It's a nice enough and I do think prices have risen in the last year but I also think that is very strong money for a Pinto Tiger Cat.

On the plus side Tiger are still going doo you should be able to pick up spares.

Prices seem to have gone through the roof , anything below 6k is really rough, zetec engine cars all seem to be closer to 10k

cheers
Toby

big_wasa

posted on 27/1/21 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
I Hadn’t thought they had gone that crazy yet.

[Edited on 27/1/21 by big_wasa]

Ybotc

posted on 27/1/21 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I Hadn’t thought they had gone that crazy yet.

It’s interesting if you look on any of the normal sites eBay / Facebook marketplace / autotrader / pistonheads there is some real junk going for 5-6k , 7-10k seems to get you a reasonable but old car , 10k+ for a more modern engine.

However nothing seems to be selling , have been looking at the same cars for the last few months , but also nobody prepared to drop prices to a more reasonable level.

I kind of assumed that less people are selling as working on them during lockdown but who knows

steve m

posted on 27/1/21 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
I presume, nothing is selling because no one is allowed out, and traveling halfway round the country is frowned on, unless your a politician or a retard
especially to buy a sporstcar, but also, from past years, any open top car, has a grossly reduced audience and can sell for a third of there value, at this time of year

Also as said above, prices are what someone will pay, and not what a car is worth,

I would also like to add, that in MHO, the MK looks quite nice, well built and presented, but the Tiger looks a mess, and poorly constructed, also its MOT history, is not good reading, and its pretty obvious, that the car has been owned, by some one whos priorities are not maintenance based
And just on that, if i was buying, would not even give it a second look

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Ybotc

posted on 27/1/21 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
I presume, nothing is selling because no one is allowed out, and traveling halfway round the country is frowned on, unless your a politician or a retard
especially to buy a sporstcar, but also, from past years, any open top car, has a grossly reduced audience and can sell for a third of there value, at this time of year

Also as said above, prices are what someone will pay, and not what a car is worth,

I would also like to add, that in MHO, the MK looks quite nice, well built and presented, but the Tiger looks a mess, and poorly constructed, also its MOT history, is not good reading, and its pretty obvious, that the car has been owned, by some one whos priorities are not maintenance based
And just on that, if i was buying, would not even give it a second look

Thanks for the feedback, any info useful , just spoke to the owner of the CAT and the bodywork does look a bit rough, the MKis from. Garage so will have a chat with them as well

The only thing putting me off the MK was the exhaust looks odd wrapped as it is (but I’m not an expert by any stretch)

big_wasa

posted on 27/1/21 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
[ebay]OXIAAOSwFE5f8Oat[/ebay]

This is a far better car for the money

Ybotc

posted on 27/1/21 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

You have me excited , but the link isn’t working (or did you mean the MK )

perksy

posted on 27/1/21 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Just put that link into Ebay and it came up as Golf clubs mate

ADH75

posted on 27/1/21 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
Makes me feel a lot better about my F27 2.0 pinto (which had been completely rebuilt, lightened etc) for just under £5k.

Seen this one which seems OK and at that price gives you some money left to make it yours.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-MK-INDY-2-0-PINTO-SVA-certified-/353345243823?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Ybotc

posted on 27/1/21 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ADH75
Makes me feel a lot better about my F27 2.0 pinto (which had been completely rebuilt, lightened etc) for just under £5k.

Seen this one which seems OK and at that price gives you some money left to make it yours.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-MK-INDY-2-0-PINTO-SVA-certified-/353345243823?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Had a look at it, was put off by the engine bay , wrapping over exhaust looked a little unloved - but I am guessing what to look for

big_wasa

posted on 27/1/21 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-7-Kitcar-Not-Caterham-Deposit-Taken/233844634506?hash=item367239f38a:g:OXIAAOSwFE5f8Oat
big_wasa

posted on 27/1/21 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Says deposited taken now ?
Ybotc

posted on 27/1/21 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Says deposited taken now ?

Yeah that looks nice, but think it’s been deposit taken for a few days

ADH75

posted on 27/1/21 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ybotc
quote:

Had a look at it, was put off by the engine bay , wrapping over exhaust looked a little unloved - but I am guessing what to look for

It's not the.prettiest under bonnet, but with some dirt.showing on thw bodywork in the other photos, its maybe a more honest photo rather than a cleaned up and hide any imperfections type shot.

Looking at the MOT history, it had advisories for knackered steering rack gaiter, grabbing brake and an oil leak in 2013, but the 6 next MOTs are "spotless" and the kit has done a lot less miles than the other two you're considering.

At the price point your looking at there is an absolutely spotless Luego with an ST170 engine on eBay, although I think its been updated to say a deposit has been taken. Might be worth keeping an eye on it to see if it definitely sells.

tul214

posted on 28/1/21 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
In my humble opinion I would stay away from the Tiger Cat........and I had a Tiger (S6).

They use the whole rear end from the sierra so end up very heavy and look long and odd.

I cant link them but there is a red Westfield with a 1800 zetec that looks ok but my money would be taking the RAW Striker. Much better engineered and looks to have some nice bits that would make it a much more capable car. I wouldn't worry about the gel cracks.

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

ADH75

posted on 28/1/21 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tul214
In my humble opinion I would stay away from the Tiger Cat........and I had a Tiger (S6).

They use the whole rear end from the sierra so end up very heavy and look long and odd.

I cant link them but there is a red Westfield with a 1800 zetec that looks ok but my money would be taking the RAW Striker. Much better engineered and looks to have some nice bits that would make it a much more capable car. I wouldn't worry about the gel cracks.

That the yellow.one in Dunfermline? That was up for sale about September time and the guy has re-listed it.

The Westfield looks decent too, newer engine than the Cat and the bonus that the Westfield should hold its value better. Seen far older examples with older Crossflows and Pintos going for similar or indeed more money. Not always something you think about with these cars, but might help make total.cost of ownership lower.

ADH75

posted on 28/1/21 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
That's the Westfield 2.0 zetec

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westfield-sei-2000-Zetec-/254833314262?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

This is the RAW Striker

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-Supercharged-20v-4AGE-Raw-Striker-Track-or-Race-car-road-legal-Westfield-/383888153010?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Ybotc

posted on 28/1/21 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
That's the Westfield 2.0 zetec

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westfield-sei-2000-Zetec-/254833314262?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

This is the RAW Striker

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-Supercharged-20v-4AGE-Raw-Striker-Track-or-Race-car-road-legal-Westfield-/383888153010?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Thanks

The Westfield would def be my preference , but think it’s standard rather than wide body (have emailed to check), not sure I would fit in the standard.

The raw striker , looked a little industrial, but i liked the Toyota engine aspect, think I’d discounted in the end due to it being in Scotland , the cracking in the gel coat and the comments about the whining diff

Cheers
Toby

Ybotc

posted on 28/1/21 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Have now discounted the tiger as seemed to be universally seen as over priced and a bit of a risk, still looking at the MK and any other suggestions that have been sent through.

Got to say big thanks for everybody's comments , it’s really useful to get impartial opinions

Cheers
Toby

CosKev3

posted on 31/1/21 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
After chatting to Matt@procomp Motorsport,who is a god at setting up seven type cars suspension,he said Tigers are the worst built and weakest chassis out of any of the manufacturer built chassis's.
jtskips

posted on 31/1/21 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
tiger r10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Neyh3Cy5d88
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.