Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I am fitting a cosworth YB in a locost chassis that is plus 4 inches in width, I am however still struggling for width in chassi
St Peter

posted on 8/3/21 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
I am fitting a cosworth YB in a locost chassis that is plus 4 inches in width, I am however still struggling for width in chassis. Would a Swedish plenum and 4wd turbo manifold help and and where can I get them from at a sensible price.

snapper

posted on 8/3/21 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
I don’t know what a Swedish plenum is but I know that the 4WD setup is more compact.
An RS2000 sump with the Cosworth piston spray bar grafted on the RS2000 oil pickup will give sump clearance but will need a trough welded in to clear the spray bar.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

St Peter

posted on 8/3/21 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks,
A Swedish plenum has the inlet butterfly on the end rather than a side elbow on the standard, expensive new though.

A 4wd turbo manifold sounds good but they also don't seem to be available second hand.

Simon

posted on 8/3/21 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
I got a Rover V8 along with a pair of turbos and injection plenum in a +4" chassis - admittedly it was a nbit of a squeeze
James

posted on 9/3/21 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
I forget the name of the chassis rail now but there are a pair of chassis rails that run along the top of the engine bay from the inner corner of the pedal/footwell area down to the FU nose assembly.

I don't know your chassis but IIRC if was possible to move these a little by making them each a 'Y' shape rather than just a straight rail. Would that give you what you need?

Worth checking the Cymtrics chassis mods as I probably saw it there.

(apologies for any inaccuracies in my above statement- I built my chassis nearly 19 years ago! )

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

40inches

posted on 9/3/21 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Is it wider than the Jag V6? This is in a standard MK chassis.
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.