Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hello
Alez

posted on 27/3/21 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
Hello

Hi, all.

My name is Alex and I'm a Spanish guy who used to hang around on here years ago. I'm not a builder but over the years I've owned a number of these fun little cars including Jon Ison's bike engined Locost, etc.

This time I've come online to gather opinions about some build I'm considering, but I thought I'd come here first and say hi

I'm glad to see the forum is live and doing great. You're an awesome, enthusiastic community.

Cheers,

Alex

PD: below are a couple pics showing our rides these days, an mk1 "NA" MX-5 (my daily driver), a "late bay" VW camper van (50% ownership by my girlfriend and I), an R1 Striker (my brother's toy).

theconrodkid

posted on 27/3/21 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
WOW, a blast from the past, i think we have met ...MX5, good choice sir

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Alez

posted on 28/3/21 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hey I'm sure we've met. I remember your user name.

Also at one point I bought a Stuart Taylor Locost Fireblade from a guy named Tom, but I can't remember what his user name was.

The MX-5 is inexpensive, pleasant to drive and reliable

[Edited on 28/3/21 by Alez]

Alez

posted on 10/4/21 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Does anyone know if a guy called Jasper is still around? He had a self built Locost, bike powered, blue colour, which he crashed, then built a car engined Stylus or something. He was really kind when I was looking for a car to buy, showing me his build and even taking me for a ride.
40inches

posted on 10/4/21 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alez
Does anyone know if a guy called Jasper is still around? He had a self built Locost, bike powered, blue colour, which he crashed, then built a car engined Stylus or something. He was really kind when I was looking for a car to buy, showing me his build and even taking me for a ride.

https://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/members/Jasper/
Not been active for a long time

Alez

posted on 10/4/21 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks
James

posted on 22/4/21 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Greetings Alex!

Good to hear from you again mate.

Think we met once or twice at the WLM meets.

Jon Ison actually has the Isonblade back in his posession and I think he still tracks it fairly regularly.

As for Jasper- he, Bob and I actually met for lunch mid-last Summer which was rather nice.

Glad all is well with you!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Alez

posted on 23/4/21 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
Hey, thanks for your words! :-)

I remember you and yes, I recall Jon having bought the car back years ago. I'm glad he still has it, it's an awesome, capable thing, and loads of fun.

Great to hear that you guys still hang around. I have great memories from the those days and the time I lived in UK.

bob

posted on 19/10/21 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alez
Hey, thanks for your words! :-)

I remember you and yes, I recall Jon having bought the car back years ago. I'm glad he still has it, it's an awesome, capable thing, and loads of fun.

Great to hear that you guys still hang around. I have great memories from the those days and the time I lived in UK.

A little late to the party but i thought i would reply anyway.

Hi Alez .... I know Jasper now lives in Spain himself but i have lost his contact details, Jon has moved on from the Isonblade and now runs and races an awsome Westfield turbo Hyabusa.

Alez

posted on 24/10/21 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob
A little late to the party but i thought i would reply anyway.

Hi Alez .... I know Jasper now lives in Spain himself but i have lost his contact details, Jon has moved on from the Isonblade and now runs and races an awsome Westfield turbo Hyabusa.

Hi

Both Jasper and Jon are easy enough to find in Facebook... I can give them contact details if anyone needs so.

Jon's beast is for sale, he advertised it a couple weeks ago, the advert description is mad

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.