Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: So Guy Martin says electric cars are only good for 80 miles...
JC

posted on 7/10/21 at 06:44 AM Reply With Quote
Any Locostbuilder in the know about wind turbines....

My Wife showed me a picture purportedly showing fields of wind turbine blades abandoned because they had reached their life limit and are unrecyclable. Not sure if it was fake news.

What is the life of a wind turbine blade? I presume that they are Kevlar/carbon fibre?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 7/10/21 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
Mostly fibreglass.
Yes they have a life, it's usually decades.
They're very hard to recycle in a useful manner.
It's still greener than oil.

coyoteboy

posted on 7/10/21 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by craig1410

3. I don't recall who raised a question about whether EVs will be still viable after 10 year but seriously that's the most ridiculous criticism I've heard in a while. Speaking for the i3, it has an aluminium chassis, carbon fibre shell and ding-proof plastic body panels which will probably outlast all of us. It also has an 8 year warranty on battery and drivetrain which suggests it will last well beyond that in general before major failures. But even if it does have a battery or motor or control unit failure, these parts will be available to purchase. Yes, a battery pack might be something like £5k but that's no worse than and auto box on a modern BMW. Yes a motor might be £2-3k but that's better than a full petrol or diesel engine... Yes the control unit might be £2k but that's not any worse than a petrol/Diesel engine either.

That is all for now.
Cheers.

Running costs are a lot cheaper if you're willing to throw thousands at depreciation, which is a spectacular waste of cash.

Not sure this is realistic TBH.

On a 10 year old car, no-one buys a new engine, or ECU if it fails, they scrap the car or buy a used unit. But I think the problem is there may not be any economy in buying a used battery - a used engine at 10 years will likely last another 100K miles, a used battery won't. But it probably won't be as bad as it seems and the naysayers make out. So overall I don't see that being much different really except the supply will likely be a bit smaller as batteries are specific to a model, not to a range of models.

[Edited on 7/10/21 by coyoteboy]

Schrodinger

posted on 7/10/21 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
Mostly fibreglass.

Isn't fibreglass made from oil?
As I understand it the turbines have a 25 year life.

Keith
Aviemore

Mr Whippy

posted on 7/10/21 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger
quote:
Mostly fibreglass.

Isn't fibreglass made from oil?
As I understand it the turbines have a 25 year life.

Yes, I worked on a large offshore windfarm of 103 turbines and was very surprised at been told this was the life span of the project. I was told it was due to fatigue and erosion on the blades. It did seem a short time for so much effort and money. Time will tell if they replace the blades, maybe even the turbines and reuse the jackets & infrastructure in the future. Maybe the site will be sold on to smaller operators like they have done with the oil platforms.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 7/10/21 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
"Running costs are a lot cheaper if you're willing to throw thousands at depreciation, which is a spectacular waste of cash" - but that's true of buying any new car

A few years ago I bought a VW Phaeton (that's the one that's identical to the Bentley with different body panels), it was just over 2 years old & had done a bit over 90k miles, I bought it for £13k - it came with all original docs from the selling dealer - puchase price? £55k - now that's what I'd call a spectacular waste of cash, their loss my gain

I gave a price breakdown in an earlier post, but it's pretty clear some haven't read it so I'll put it in again here

I think the true costs are a LOT closer than you might think, my previous car was a Mazda 6 Sportnav, I bought it new, retail was around £24k, but I actually paid £20,500 on a very good deal (Carwow's best offer was £23k!), I sold it 3 & 1/2 years later with just 17,500 on the clock for £13k, so cost over 3.5 years was £7,5k so around £2150 a year, add to that 3 main dealer services to maintain warranty, around £200 a year plus a largely wasted day of getting the car there & back each time, then add in £140 a year road tax, & around £750 a year fuel, so total £3240 a year, would obviously have been higher if not for Covid basically shutting my mileage down for a 18 month period!

My Kona is on a lease, it's a £35.5k retail car compared with the £24k of the Mazda. I had absolutely no intention of buying one as I have no idea where the market will be in 3 years time, but I suspect range will be better & real prices will have dropped. hence being simply able to give it back was a very appealing option. £2300 up front & £250 a month for 3 years (35 payments), no road tax or congestion charge (not that I use the congestion zone!), just 1 service at 2 years, probably around £150 cos there's really very little to service & fuel costs (taking the same mileage of 17500 to give a fair comparison) probably around £300 allowing for charging away from home 10% of the time at 35p/kW & 5p kW at home comes out at £11,500 or £3833 a year so costing me around £600 a year more for a higher spec car, that's £50 a month & I'd be prepared to bet there are plenty of folks on here paying more than that for their TV package or their mobile phone. As a matter of interest you can have the same spec Kona but with the less powerful motor & smaller battery pack for around £70 a month less, which would actually make it cheaper annual costs than the Mazda

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
ianhurley20

posted on 8/10/21 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HowardB

My Merc cost £12k and an EV (no one makes an Estate EV either) is more than £30,000 - 10 year pay back.

There are two EV estates, one is a Tesla that a company in Dereham, Norfolk converts to an estate (so a cheat , yes) The other is the MG5 which seems very good value for money as you can find new discounted models at about 21,000 and quoted ranges seem good - not visited a showroom to look at one yet but I will be doing so fairly soon

sdh2903

posted on 8/10/21 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
Are any leccy cars homogolated for towing? I'll bet towing would crucify the range too.
Mr Whippy

posted on 8/10/21 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
Are any leccy cars homogolated for towing? I'll bet towing would crucify the range too.

BMW iX3 – 750kg capacity

Citroen SpaceTourer – up to 1,900kg.

Ford Mustang Mach-e - 750kg

Hyundai Ioniq - 750kg

Hyundai Kona - 1,200kg (But the Kia sister cars, can't oddly).

Jaguar I-Pace - Just 750kg.

Mercedes EQA - 750kg

Mercdes EQC - 1,800kg around.

Nissan Leaf - no official towing capacity, but a bar-mounted bike rack can be fitted.

Nissan Ariya - 1,500kg.

Polestar 2 - 1,500kg

Skoda Enyaq - 1,200kg

Tesla Model 3 - 1,000kg (but the Model S can't tow)

Tesla Model X - 2,250kg. That’s the biggest of any electric car

Volvo XC40 Recharge - 1,500kg.

VW ID.4 - 1,500kg.

My Leaf has tremendous torque and could easy cope with local trips pulling even a large double axle trailer. And yes the range would get hammered, especially up hills but it would still be useful for me. Sadly like many modern cars the manufacturer chose not to put it through the trailer certification like my previous VW Up so I can't use it for that. This has in the past confused people into thinking that EV's can't tow but that is simply not the case as Tesla and other have shown many times.

[Edited on 8/10/21 by Mr Whippy]

HowardB

posted on 8/10/21 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ianhurley20
quote:
Originally posted by HowardB

My Merc cost £12k and an EV (no one makes an Estate EV either) is more than £30,000 - 10 year pay back.

There are two EV estates, one is a Tesla that a company in Dereham, Norfolk converts to an estate (so a cheat , yes) The other is the MG5 which seems very good value for money as you can find new discounted models at about 21,000 and quoted ranges seem good - not visited a showroom to look at one yet but I will be doing so fairly soon

thanks for that - I will have a look

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

craig1410

posted on 8/10/21 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Running costs are a lot cheaper if you're willing to throw thousands at depreciation, which is a spectacular waste of cash.

Not sure this is realistic TBH.

On a 10 year old car, no-one buys a new engine, or ECU if it fails, they scrap the car or buy a used unit. But I think the problem is there may not be any economy in buying a used battery - a used engine at 10 years will likely last another 100K miles, a used battery won't. But it probably won't be as bad as it seems and the naysayers make out. So overall I don't see that being much different really except the supply will likely be a bit smaller as batteries are specific to a model, not to a range of models.

[Edited on 7/10/21 by coyoteboy]

Well, I've got a 13 year old BMW E61 535d and have just spent £350 on a belt and pulley set. I recently replaced all the front suspension arms and bushes at around £400. I've got the full set of brake rotors and pads to do soon at probably £600. I'm planning to rebuild the slide/tilt sunroof which is about £600 and I would have no hesitation to buy pretty much whatever it needed to keep it on the road. No I wouldn't probably buy a "new" engine since there will be good second hand engines available for much better value but I would be prepared to have the auto box rebuilt for around £2k or to replace the turbo(s) for £1500 each or to replace the DPF if needed.

This is a car that was £60k when new which I bought for £8250 with 110k miles on the clock back in Feb 2020. It costs almost nothing in terms of depreciation whereas with a new car I'd be paying 2-5k a year. So if I have to spend £1-2k a year to keep it in tip-top condition then so be it. In reality, once the brakes and sunroof and suspension and belts etc are all done then it'll be a while before they'll be needed again so I'd expect my annual maintenance to be more like £500 on average. That's a bargain IMO to drive a car like this which I wouldn't be able to afford new. By maintaining it to a high degree with OE parts, including preventative maintenance, it performs like a new luxury car for a fraction of the price of even a £20k average saloon.

Some folks prefer to lease a new car every 2-4 years and that's fine but those people will pay a heck of a lot more in depreciation in order to drive a relatively mundane car than it costs me for maintenance. Each to their own though.

Re the battery pack - I agree you wouldn't tend to buy a used unit unless it was from a relatively new but perhaps written off car. But I personally wouldn't have a problem with buying a new battery pack for our i3 at some point if we did decide to basically run it forever. Same for the motor-generator or electronics. Even if it costs £6k we'd make that back in a year or two compared to the depreciation we'd be hit with if we scrapped it and bought a new car.

Mr Whippy

posted on 8/10/21 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
I couldn't even slightly afford a new EV but I didn't have to since they've been decent EV's around for about 12 years now and fortunately they do deprecate very quickly like most cars. I've spent most of my life driving old cheap cars, £250 - £500 was my normal budget for a car and I was quite happy to work on them to keep it going.

But tbh a modern car is so much better in everyway and a EV so much better than an ICE car that I'm perfectly fine paying a few hundred a month to have the pleasure of driving it. Yeah I could go back to old cars and noisy engines but I'd rather not.

It's kinda funny, I know lots of kids cos of my kids and none of them, not one seems to want anything other than an EV when they grow up, their all about technology and gadgets, the environment etc. It's that generation I think that will make a sweeping change and ICE cars will be seen as grandad's smell old thing that's laughably slow and noisy.

craig1410

posted on 8/10/21 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Haha, yeah I know what you mean. I think it's a Volvo EV advert on TV where the "granddad" is making "broom broom" noises while playing with a toy car with his grandchild and they are just looking at him as if he's crazy. Then they drive off silently in an EV.
number-1

posted on 8/10/21 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Well................ i log into a kit car building forum to see a 3 page thread on electric cars. I must admit.....it hurts. There is no mention of fuel leaks, float bowls leaking, bhp............. what has the world become!!!! I expect to see most of you glued to junction 4 on the M4 over the next few weeks
russbost

posted on 8/10/21 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by number-1
Well................ i log into a kit car building forum to see a 3 page thread on electric cars. I must admit.....it hurts. There is no mention of fuel leaks, float bowls leaking, bhp............. what has the world become!!!! I expect to see most of you glued to junction 4 on the M4 over the next few weeks

Tell you something else too, since I've had it, no one has tried to siphon the electricity out of it or jack it up & nick the CAT - I wonder when the scrotes will learn how to jack 'em up & nick the batteries! Can always hope they fry themselves trying!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
number-1

posted on 8/10/21 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
I hope the cold weather doesnt drain the battery by as much as expected. Drones loose as much as 80 percent in the cold!
David Jenkins

posted on 8/10/21 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by number-1
I hope the cold weather doesn't drain the battery by as much as expected. Drones loose as much as 80 percent in the cold!

It does, to a certain extent, but not as much as you might think. In my KIA e-Niro I can get about 285 miles and about 4.8 - 5.0 miles/kWh when absolutely everything is in my favour; when it's cold, wet & miserable it drops to around 245 miles and about 3.9 miles/kW/h - but that is in poor conditions. My maths may very well be dodgy, but it's around those figures. For example, in the last last couple of weeks I've been driving around the Scottish Highlands - Glencoe etc - in very cool conditions ( around 8C or less), torrential rain, and very steep hills, and still got 3.6 miles/kW/h. Downhill on the other side was fun - every time I looked at the range it stayed unchanged, even increased occasionally, for about 10 or 12 miles! After the descent my consumption average was back to usual.

There's an English YouTuber who drives a car like mine in Finland - he's even driven it at around -35C. The rest of the car was complaining though, with groaning bushes and odd noises from the suspension.

I should add that the car will use some energy to heat the battery when in extreme conditions, but of course this is at the expense of range.

CORRECTIONS: It was Finland, not Iceland, and it was -35C not -30C!

Video here: https://youtu.be/dd3kcLlocF8

[Edited on 9/10/21 by David Jenkins]

coyoteboy

posted on 8/10/21 at 11:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
I couldn't even slightly afford a new EV but I didn't have to since they've been decent EV's around for about 12 years now and fortunately they do deprecate very quickly like most cars. I've spent most of my life driving old cheap cars, £250 - £500 was my normal budget for a car and I was quite happy to work on them to keep it going.

I like my newer car, but it's really not much better in any appreciable way than my older car. And having driven lots of affordable newer cars, they're soulless and awful. For a decent sized capable ev you're looking at 600-1200 a month. That's double my mortgage. It's only the pricey ones that Are nice to drive. EVs may have been about for 12 years, but they've only been decent for 3, and those are still 40k used.

[Edited on 8/10/21 by coyoteboy]

russbost

posted on 9/10/21 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
" For a decent sized capable ev you're looking at 600-1200 a month" - You're joking right? You'd get a Polestar or high end Tesla for that, I've already pointed out my Kona, which is very, very capable, is just over £250 a month & less than £2.5k down - yes, it's pretty soul less, but then so is pretty much everything modern as they all have full on Nanny facilities built in!

Sanzomat

posted on 9/10/21 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
I've been reading this thread with interest to hear some real world experience from people who actually have EVs and know something about cars in general rather than all the tosh you hear from folks who haven't even sat in one. Thank you Guy Martin for catalysing the debate.

My own EV experience has been from company cars - most of my career I worked in an industry (construction) where almost all grades get a company car. As the years passed and tax rules removed any benefit of having a company car I drifted off into taking the cash allowance equivalent instead and sourcing my own car but instead of an unlimited choice the firms still restricted the max CO2 and age of car you could claim the allowance for so "bangernomics" wasn't an option. In 2013 I went back to a company car when I found that by getting something with a really low CO2 I could pay peanuts in company car tax and the only estate car (which I needed) on my list of choices which had low enough CO2 was a Prius+. It had the added benefit of 7 seats if ever needed and burnt petrol at a similar rate to previous diesels I'd had and qualified for a 2p per mile higher business mile rate than diesel so I was quids in there too (circa 20k business miles pa). Okay, not really an EV - maybe 2 miles of ICE off range but that did get me from the bottom of the M32 to where I parked in central Bristol if I was light on the right hand pedal so good for city air quality. Everyone laughed at me but I was 2-3k a year better off than them in their diesel Passats. I spent that 2-3k per year on kit cars and motorbikes like any good Prius driver should... The Prius couldn't tow though.

Next company car choice came four years later and the tax benefit on ordinary hybrids had disappeared. They then had the Passat GTE plug-in hybrid in estate form on my list and the tax was almost nothing. I went for that. Claimed 31 mile EV range which I actually got sometimes, in fact I actually achieved a PB of 36 miles once. Mostly it was 25 miles though and in winter 21 if I didn't use the heater, 19 if I did. It was a 21 mile commute for me then so the heater stayed off. No charger at work but for the first year they turned a blind eye to me running an extension lead out of the window. As such all my home to work miles were EV and only the "to" miles were on my leccy bill. It could also tow so I got a trailer for track day at that point. Sixteen miles on EV towing.

I actually think this plug-in was a great concept. In my first year 65% of all my mileage was done on electric. No range anxiety as I also had a tank of petrol and a 1.4FSi ICE to fall back on. With both EV and ICE running together it was mighty quick and put a few big BMWs to shame. If I needed to drive from Bristol to Newcastle, no bother, just use the petrol engine once the leccy has run out. Still got 42mpg on petrol.

As a concept for clean air in cities it is perfect. It had a hold mode where you could save your electric for the final phase of your journey if you were doing a motorway run with a final leg in an urban area.

Big downsides - 16A max charge rate so public charging just wasn't worth it unless you were parking for a long time. If you were buying it with your own money, big initial cost!

coyoteboy

posted on 12/10/21 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
" For a decent sized capable ev you're looking at 600-1200 a month" - You're joking right? You'd get a Polestar or high end Tesla for that, I've already pointed out my Kona, which is very, very capable, is just over £250 a month & less than £2.5k down - yes, it's pretty soul less, but then so is pretty much everything modern as they all have full on Nanny facilities built in!

I have no idea how you're getting that price - for a 30K car (even a year old the lowest spec is ~30K) I've not found a kona EV poverty spec cheaper than 500 a month with a 5K deposit.

No, no offence but I don't consider the Kona to be decent sized or capable for anyone other than joe average who rarely takes kit in the boot and mostly does local driving. and that's fine, as that's most people I guess. To me it's a slightly bloated hatchback (as most cars are these days, and which I struggled with over-filling and destroying the interior of! for years as a teenager) with *up to* a just about usable range for what I need. I need something I can lob 2 bikes, some kitesurfing kit and a tent in, and take to some less than smooth beach locations 150 miles from a charger/fuel station. The closest thing to a usable rear volume is an i-pace, and even that has pretty poor loading shapes and the hatch is very angled meaning you lose a chunk of usable volume for something like a bike. So then you have to pop it on the roof/boot and lose range. And even that has poor range, looking optimistically.

Plug-in hybrid does solve that and give the benefits of low cost overnight charging, but then the normal mpg suffers (14 years ago I was happily getting 60mpg from a 2 litre estate on a run) due to the added weight and complexity, plus the cost.

Plus of course, PCP on a new car is just laughing wildly while throwing cash onto a bonfire, so anyone not willing to close their eyes to massive waste of cash is looking at the offerings from 4 years back.

[Edited on 12/10/21 by coyoteboy]

[Edited on 12/10/21 by coyoteboy]

Mr Whippy

posted on 12/10/21 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
There's little point in arguing the toss tbh as you'll never please everyone and even if EV's could do everything an ICE car could, they'd still argue so I don't care less if anyone switches to EV or not, after all it's not me who pay's their bills.

Like it or not EV's will eventually replace ICE, not yet but maybe in the next 10-20 years as cars improve and fuel costs continue to rise or have limited availability, almost everyone will turn to electric. Like I said younger generations like my kids only want an EV and even this morning on the way to school were complaining that engine cars stink, literally

All I'd say is if an EV can work for you, maybe as the main car then you can save a lot of money and should offset the cost of still having an cheap second ICE car for when the EV doesn't quite have the range or capacity. I have still got my little Fiesta which is used very rarely for towing a small trailer and our trailer tent and that's my solution.

I have notice a lot of people buying Hybrids thinking that they are similar to EV's but that's mainly due to them not understanding the difference and then being confused as to why they are not seeing any saving at all. One day they may actually figure it out but I won't hold my breath.

[Edited on 12/10/21 by Mr Whippy]

David Jenkins

posted on 12/10/21 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
I have notice a lot of people buying Hybrids thinking that they are similar to EV's but that's mainly due to them not understanding the difference and then being confused as to why they are not seeing any saving at all. One day they may actually figure it out but I won't hold my breath.

All they will do is add to the number of things that require maintenance, or could go wrong.

russbost

posted on 12/10/21 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
"I have no idea how you're getting that price - for a 30K car (even a year old the lowest spec is ~30K) I've not found a kona EV poverty spec cheaper than 500 a month with a 5K deposit." Ha, Ha! You need to look a LOT harder, first forget PCP cheapest PCP deal I found was around £100 dearer & higher deposit for virtually no advantage, mine is far from poverty spec & is brand new (delivery mileage was around 250 IIRC) on a 21 plate it's the Electric Kona Premium 150kW motor, 64kWh battery & it's also pearl metallic which should have been extra but came FoC! Must admit I couldn't work out how they can do a £35,500 (over £36k actually with the paint) car for that money, but I'm not arguing, it's on my drive & definitely not a figment of my imagination - the only downside if you can call it that is that is that it's based on 8,000 miles a year, but even if you go over a bit it's not too onerous

As regards decent sized, it's perfectly adequate I would say for a family of 4 to go on holiday in, & plenty of room for 5 in comfort if you're not carrying tons of luggage, I'd much have preferred an estate like the MG simply because it's so much more versatile (& better looking), but range is nowhere near as good

TBH, so far as I can see what you are describing is a van, minibus or camper & you certainly don't want something like that on a lease as the chances of returning it without damage given the type of use you describe, is about nil, add to that that even ICE vans are utter extortion for what they are (a tin box with a plush cab!) & you would most certainly be talking big bucks. Electric vans at present are crap, with very limited range if carrying significant loads so far as I'm aware problem being that if you take up load space with batteries, you've basically defeated the object of it being a van!

I believe Tesla have a sort of monster luxury 7 seater thingy, & I believe it has good range, but dread to even imagine the price tag. The iPace is ugly, not a lot bigger inside than most medium SUV's & starts at base level at silly prices - I did say that I'm not particularly an advocate of electric cars & they certainly aren't suitable for everyone nor for all types of use

Below is a screenshot from Zapmap, this happens to be Cornwaii as you mentioned beaches "beach locations 150 miles from a charger/fuel station" - if you can find a beach location anything like 150 miles from the nearest charge point I will personally give you a prize! Ok, they aren't all fast charge points, but if you're stopping somewhere to eat or sleep that is far less relevant. If you think I chose Cornwall as it has the best charge points, actually quite the opposite, even the Highlands of Scotland & the Scottish islands have charge points

[img]
[/img]

A plug in hybrid solves absolutely nothing, it's simply an ICE car dressed up in an electric frock - most of them can't do much more than 30 miles or so on pure electric

"Plus of course, PCP on a new car is just laughing wildly while throwing cash onto a bonfire" - well I can agree on that, hence why I don't use PCP & never have - but that goes for ICE or electric it has nothing specific to do with one or the other.

perksy

posted on 12/10/21 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
Excellent, leaves more fuel left for the rest of us

Good read all this

Best debate on here for ages

I can see points for and against, but at the end of the day oil ain't going to be around forever

One did nearly run me over the other day though as I didn't hear it coming and it wasn't hanging about

Did I read somewhere that main dealers won't supply parts for these to independents unless they can show their mechanics have completed
certain courses ?

I also read that we'd had to turn a coal power station back on a couple of months ago due to no wind or waves so the grid was short of power
I'm sure Boris will have worked this out in his calculations going forward though

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.