Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Please, help me identify these coilovers !
Ahmed Yehia

posted on 10/1/22 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Please, help me identify these coilovers !

Hello to you all!

I've purchased this pair of shocks from an Ebay seller. He claimed that they were front Caterham 7 coilovers. I've measured their length eye to eye (open) 17.5 inches (444.5 mm). The only information written on them is (Bilstein 404 15 9 W 01 ) and the springs are (Suplex 1.9 11'' 200 ).
I need to identify them and know if they are any good in building a locost 7.
Are they suitable for a 442e build?
Can they be applied in the front ?
Thanks and regards.

Mr Whippy

posted on 10/1/22 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
tbh they look very tall, my car which has generic 7 front suspension, has coilovers only 11 inches eye to eye when sitting on the ground. Another 6 inches on top of that would have it looking like a dune buggy. You may have more luck using them on the back but you need to find out if their too strong as the back of the car you can lift off the ground.

People always say things are for Caterham's cos they think they will get more money for their bits. Those look more like off a Jeep or Landy.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pmc_3

posted on 10/1/22 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
I think the rear shocks on some of the Caterham's were pretty long. Fronts on Locost style cars are usually around 12.5" open.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.