Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Injectors - help!
ned

posted on 10/2/05 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Injectors - help!

I have the tb setup for my xe but it was supplied (as i gather they all are) without injectors. I was told that I should use bosch green's (803) having scoured about the place they seem rather expensive new, and there also appear to be several different bosch green injectors. What are the main characteristics, is it solely the flow rate i need or is the spray pattern a factor?

Some people have mentioned using different colour injectors (yellows)which I think are for lower power ratings (<220bhp), but as said I've been recommended by QED to use the 803's.

Anyone on here got experience of flow rates/power outputs for injectors on a n/a engine in general or xe in specific? Engine should be reaching in region of 240-250bhp.

Thanks,

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 10/2/05 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
just been googling and the 803 seems to be a low impedence 384cc/min, so presumably assuming all injectors have the same fitment and assuming i can identigy low impedence ones i should be able to use any injector with the same flow rate?

Ned.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CairB

posted on 10/2/05 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know if this helps but I obtained some 345cc/min high impedance injectors off ebay a while ago for a very reasonable amount. I believe that they were from a 4.0l supercharged Jag. They are a Ford fitment (14mm dia from memory) and even mate up to standard Duratec connectors. Let me know if you want contact details and I will dig it out. You could run at a slightly higher pressure to squeeze a bit more out.

Cheers,

Colin

[Edited on 10/2/05 by CairB]

GeoffT

posted on 10/2/05 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
Ned,

Have a look here:-

http://toyotaperformance.com/injectors.htm

Lots of info on injectors, one day I'll work out how to make that a link.....

It is a link! I'm not as stupid as I thought.

[Edited on 10/2/05 by GeoffT]

Graceland

posted on 10/2/05 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
bosch 803 dark greens are commonly used on 330 bhp conversions on cossies - mine has them

if you are looking at upto 200bhp normallay aspirated, get hold of a set of standard cossie injectors (yellow or blue) off ebay - they go for about 40 quid a set tops

and yes - 803's are low impedance injectors, as with all other cossie injectors, if you ecu cannot handle low impedance injectors, then you can either use high impedance ones of the same flow rate, or use ballums (resistor packs) inline with the injectors - this saves a fortune on burning out the output drivers in the ecu

speek to Stu at Motorsport Developments in Blackpool about it all - http://www.motorsport-developments.co.uk/

he is the man when it comes to anything fuel injectored and ecu controlled a legend in the cossie tuning world also

ChrisJLW

posted on 10/2/05 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm

There are plenty of alternatives in the Bosch range, the link gives flow rates for most. I believe most bosch injectors are interchangable, just make sure they're the same feed system (top or side).

I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and ev'ry highway.
But more, much more than this,
I did it side-ah-ways.

NS Dev

posted on 10/2/05 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
the std XE 16v cream injectors are ok for 230hp, and maybe more if you wind the fuel pressure up more.

[Edited on 10/2/05 by NS Dev]

Volvorsport

posted on 10/2/05 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
ive just got some 480cc min from USA - set 4 is yours if need be .

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

ned

posted on 26/2/05 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
Just been down the scrappy injector hunting. Omega v6's are only 200cc/min but I found a volvo 940turbo with some bosch 804's in it which are 337cc/min.

Using standard calculations off the web these appear to be good for 270bhp.

Only concern is that as it's not a standard injector mapping it might be slightly more tricky (usually xe creams, let yellows or cossie 803's are used)

Have yet to find out what the scrappy wants for them as I'm going back with the chequebook (don't take cards!) What's the concensus on whether I should get them or not? (dependant on price of course)

And what would be the affect o using volvosport's 480cc/min injectors as they have a much higher flowrate than I think i'd need? would they over fuel the engine or be equally tricky to map?

thanks,

Ned.

NS Dev

posted on 26/2/05 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
high flow rate injectors will not "overfuel the engine" but if the pulse widths end up very short at light load then it could be tricky to map.

I don't know a huge amout about injector duty cycles but you don't want the injectors permanently open on full throttle at peak torque and you don't want them nearly permanently closed at light throttle.........but I guess you knew that obvious bit already!

From your comparison with the cream injectors, the Volvo 940 ones sound spot on. They will map fine, an injector is just a solonoid valve. You just need to measure the resistance, as if you have low impedance injectors you may need to put a ballast resistor in series with them to avoid burning out the driver transistors in your ecu.

tomm

posted on 26/2/05 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
I have 2litre zetec on Tb's and used standard K series orangy/yellow colour injectors, these came with a fuel rail, the spacing of 90mm is perfect for zetec and I'm told Xe's are 90mm also, meaning it would fit straight on an XE. my car is standard 2litre 173bhp. injectors and rail and pressure regulator were 20quid from scrappy!! sorry don't know what cc rating they are [who cares?] but rolling roadie said they were right for my engine, and 173bhp is 8more than i dared hope for
ned

posted on 26/2/05 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
sadly the guy at the scrappy wouldn't let me take them off as the engine was good and he wanted it kept whole

thanks for the advise, though my serach continues; I just can't bear to pay some of the ebay prices that I see..

Ned.

NS Dev

posted on 27/2/05 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
now you know that the Volvo 940 turbo ones are about right (presumably you mean the 4 cyl turbo one?) then just ring around a few volvo breakers and ask for either 940 or 740 turbo injectors, someone will have some they can post to you and I wouldn't pay over £20 for a set. (plus post)
ned

posted on 28/2/05 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
Been back on ebay following up Colins tip. The guy is still selling brand new 345cc nippon desno injctors and wants about £60 a set posted which I think I'm going to go for as even if I did get a set out of a scrappy I'd probably get them cleaned anyway which would bring the price upto a similar amount.

These injectors are off a supercharged 4ltr jag engine (xkr?) apparantly..

Ned.

ChrisJLW

posted on 28/2/05 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
You can get rebuilt injectors from these guys http://www.a-1injectors.com
I've recently bought a set of 440cc Supra injectors and they arrived very quickly with no tax! (commercial sample )

[Edited on 28/2/05 by ChrisJLW]

[Edited on 28/2/05 by ChrisJLW]

I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and ev'ry highway.
But more, much more than this,
I did it side-ah-ways.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.