Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what kind of pedal box is recommended
whpracer

posted on 14/3/05 at 12:09 AM Reply With Quote
what kind of pedal box is recommended

I'm to a point of making a desision about the type of pedal box. In my opinion there ar 2 options: standing or hanging pedals.
I'v room enough but i'v now idea witch kind is nicer in use? so what kind of boxes ar mostly used for a track build locost ?

greetings peter

Triton

posted on 15/3/05 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
For track use most use floor mounted pedal boxes but i think it's down to personal choice at the end of the day as to which feels better to use.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
irvined

posted on 17/3/05 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Hello,

Given the choice again, I would go for floor mounted pedals, there are a few reasons for this:

I have very big feet* and in order to get the leverage on the pedal using the ball of my foot, the pedals need to be hinged quite high up. Floor mounted box would give me better leverage and use less space.

I used an MGB pedal box as its quite nicely designed and fits reasonably easily in the sapce, except, my master cyl (From a polo) is rather long, so it fouls the bulkhead which means i've had to mess around moving things back and forward.

Floormounted pedal boxes give you a nice easy way to utilise the space in front of the drivers feet, this frees up space on top which is prime real estate.

I'm sure there are many reasons why a top mounted pedal assembly is better, but I would certainly go for a floor mounted one in future, however its not such a big deal that im going to rip mine out (yet.)

Cheers

David

* And of course huge shoes.

MikeR

posted on 17/3/05 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
of course if my current attempt to get my top mounted pedals doesn't work and go off and buy stuart taylors floor mounted setup ......... you can bet irvined will quickly follow

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.