Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: bonjour..........
Graceland

posted on 11/7/05 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
bonjour..........

long time since i delved into these parts of the internet

i notice some familiar faces are still floating about, and i should be more often too now

so whats happened then? ummmm........breif rundown.

the original build - sold to me best mates dad, and it hasn't progressed at all, which is slightly upsetting.

the 2nd one - the chassis i made was too wide for my needs, however, it went to a good home

and now, i hear you ask - the bug has firmly bitten me - and another build will be started VERY soon

why you ask? well, a new job (i started over a year ago so not that new) has left me with more money, more time and more disposable income - most of which is ploughed into my dream car at the moment, a 1993 Sapphire Cosworth

but i'm still lusting after a project, and with the time and space, and money been available, i will be able to do it

so whats the plan?

mc sorely standard size chassis again, but instead of using any old pinto, i will be utilising a cosworth power plant (NO, i am not breaking my beloved) which will come in 2wd form - should be interesting, getting everything down on paper at the moment and costing it all out, and budgeting for £5000 - and that includes buying the donor car - is going to be tight

so yes, i aint dead, altho one member on here may wish i was and its good to see that everyones projects are coming along really well and that so many have been sva'd and have been rolled out onto the summer roads for all to see

rusty nuts

posted on 11/7/05 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome back.
donut

posted on 11/7/05 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
I thought i recognised that avater!

Welcome back

They all return eventually...... i did!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 11/7/05 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Hello again... Surely knowone wishes anyone was dead That's very harsh!

[Edited on 11-7-05 by Hellfire]

Graceland

posted on 11/7/05 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
probably not, but an issue with an engine a while ago.....nevermind

have you got anymore pics of your IRS - i'm in a dilemma about using irs, de-dion or a sierra rear beam for this build......

[Edited on 11-7-05 by Graceland]

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 11/7/05 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome back
bob

posted on 11/7/05 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
ditto

Mr G

posted on 11/7/05 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Paul,

I don't really post much on passion ford and the last time I visited interford was a while ago now

Your best option is de-dion for the rear tbh.I only recently posted a link to the site with the de-dion axle home made assembly diagrams.

Won't it be cheaper to pick up an engine/gearbox from North Yorks RS spares than a whole donor?

Thats the way i'd do it as i've already contacted him for a quote for just all the necessary engine side bits - none of the other items need to be rs specific.

get that website updated

Cheers

G

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

I love speed :-P

posted on 12/7/05 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
welcome back, and will the garage webcam, be back in action

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 12/7/05 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
with the cossie lump make sure you build the tranny tunnel round the gearbox, a t5 won't fit the standard tunnel.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

James

posted on 12/7/05 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Graceland
or a sierra rear beam for this build......

[Edited on 11-7-05 by Graceland]

Fok dat!

Please don't even think of ruining a potentially nice car with that heavy, ugly, hard to mount piece of crap.
Easiest option is a De Dion axle from GTS or MK.

Welcome back!

James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Fozzie

posted on 12/7/05 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome back Paul...

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

Graceland

posted on 12/7/05 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
yoooooo people

right - de-dion as per whats been said

Paul @ NY is a good mate of mine, he's helped me a shedload, so will just buy a complete car thats a bit ropey with a good engine, take what i need and let him have the rest - should be good

and bonjour to everyone once again

steve_gus

posted on 13/7/05 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
welcome back.

some of the newbies might appreciate a link that explains where your avatar came from

http://www.atomfilms.com/af/content/atom_412

totally NOT WORK SAFE but funny anyway

atb

steve

[Edited on 13/7/05 by steve_gus]

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.