Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: new source of 3.38 difs
ned

posted on 5/9/05 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
new source of 3.38 difs

have been looking at difs and dif ratio's as the gf's car needs hers changing, it would appear that her car has a 3.38 in it, the car is an n reg 316 compact beemer, i have yet to look but think the dif is ally cased. anyway, here a tech page with the info:

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!aol_content.research_specs?vehicle_code=19940822.14:17:20&current_rec=9&make_name=BMW&model_name= 316i

hope this is of some use to someone, i know everyone uses sierra difs but they must be getting scarcer and there are plenty of bm's about.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 5/9/05 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
There's a list here.

It gives various BMW diff ratios, some even down to 2.75:1. Unixnerd

Bet they aren't cheap though.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

phelpsa

posted on 5/9/05 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
325tds is 2.56

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 5/9/05 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
Velly intelesting...

delboy

posted on 5/9/05 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Instead of looking at BMW stay with Ford, you can use the diff out of a Ford Scorpio 2.5 TD saloon. It has a ratio of 3.36:1 which is pretty close to the 3.38 from the sierra. This way you can use ford shafts and the sierra disks, calipers etc and it's not likely to cost the same as a part from a BMW. Remember however that the diff casing is slightly wider than the sierra one and that its the bug eyed scorpio and not the granada scorpio that you need.
whpracer

posted on 5/9/05 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
I'v been looking at the BMW diff, because i can get them very cheap. for instance an 3,25 LSD diff under 70 quid. but the weight more than 2 time as mutch as a ford diff and the are very long / the don't fit in the drive shaft tunnel .

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.