Author: Subject: tomtom
mandbsheldon

posted on 19/12/05 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
tomtom

Just bought a tomtom sat nav.

Has anybody found their customer service and web site sh*t

stevebubs

posted on 19/12/05 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
yep, but the TomTom software on the iPaq works pretty well.

Strangely, I prefer v3 to v5, though - was more intuitive to use

mandbsheldon

posted on 19/12/05 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
'Funny' how you can't find the customer service number listed any where, not even on their web site.
the_fbi

posted on 19/12/05 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandbsheldon
'Funny' how you can't find the customer service number listed any where, not even on their web site.

I've used all versions from 1 through to 3 and now 5, never any issues.
What's your problem with it?

steve_gus

posted on 19/12/05 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
if you bought a sony hifi, or amstrad sat tv, would it be normal to get a customer number to call?

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mandbsheldon

posted on 19/12/05 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
When I bought it, it came with a down load for speed camaras or POI. To activate you enter the offer code, then it asks for the device code. The product came with a 'credit card' on which was a 16 didget number called product code.
This number was to big for the device code. On the web site was a link 'Where to find your device code', this link was inactive. eventually got the customer service number from Halfords. After 40min wait, was directed to the device code which is found within the soft ware on the tomtom.
Anyway did that, found I had a problem with my unit, took it back to Halfords who exchaned it. Then could not down load any thing because I had a new unit with a differant code. Another 40 mins, 'Sorry can't change your code, need proof of new purchase'. Halfords faxed this over to tomtom. STILL WAITING

DEAN C.

posted on 19/12/05 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, used a mates Navman the other week which seemed OK.
Dont know which is rated as best but these two seem to be the best sellers.

I'm thinking of getting rid of my Road Angel for a good sat nav but not sure which to get,obviously it will have to be good for speed cameras or i'll stick to maps and the life saving Road Angel.
(or should that read licence saving)

Dean...........

Once I've finished a project why do I start another?

RazMan

posted on 19/12/05 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
I've used both TomTom and Navman for the last 5 years or so. I am presently considering putting TomTom onto my Navman 510 (yes its possible) thats how much I prefer TomTom.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega 24 v6

posted on 19/12/05 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
From what I hear they are pretty good BUT they dont like higher voltages i.e. 24v in trucks. The guy I spoke to said he was told they were multi voltage. Is this true?
Genesis

posted on 19/12/05 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Just bought a TomTom One - brilliant! No problems with it - but it needs updating so I guess I have it all to come...

Going fishin'

CairB

posted on 19/12/05 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
You may wish to aquaint yourself with this site:

POI's

AFAIK the POI's will work on Pocket PC Navigator and Go versions.

stevebubs

posted on 19/12/05 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
When I bought it, it came with a down load for speed camaras or POI. To activate you enter the offer code, then it asks for the device code. The product came with a 'credit card' on which was a 16 didget number called product code.
This number was to big for the device code. On the web site was a link 'Where to find your device code', this link was inactive. eventually got the customer service number from Halfords. After 40min wait, was directed to the device code which is found within the soft ware on the tomtom.
Anyway did that, found I had a problem with my unit, took it back to Halfords who exchaned it. Then could not down load any thing because I had a new unit with a differant code. Another 40 mins, 'Sorry can't change your code, need proof of new purchase'. Halfords faxed this over to tomtom. STILL WAITING

stevebubs

posted on 19/12/05 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Can you not just re-register?

ewanspence

posted on 20/12/05 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CairB
You may wish to aquaint yourself with this site:

POI's

AFAIK the POI's will work on Pocket PC Navigator and Go versions.

they are talking on this site about starting to charge for the camera database from January at £2 per download. So get a copy now for free.

Ewan.

Visit the MegaGrip site :-
http://www.geocities.com/ewanspence/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.