Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: local authorities wasting cars!!!!!!
pointy

posted on 12/1/06 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
local authorities wasting cars!!!!!!

I am writing this with total disbelief of first the Police and 2nd the essex local authorities...........
Today during my travels in essex I came across a 2lt Sierra that i had noticed last week was left abandoned in a layby on the A130 between the A12 junction and the A132 (wickford) so when I returned home to Norfolk I telephoned the police to enquire how I could go about locating owner or if dumped and no owner could I remove...The rather unhelpful person on the phone said "they could do a PNC check but to be honest we arent bothered about it" which made the blood pressure rise bearing in mind I am prepared to drive back down to essex with a trailer and remove free of charge and dismanltle and dispose of in the correct manner, whereas the police would rather wait until half a dozen thugs smash the crap out of it, steal the bits they want, then set fire to the shell forcing the fire brigade to risk life putting the fire out and upsetting motorist on the road by potentially closing a busy road. so not wishing to let this lie I phoned the highways agency who were completely different and said they would investigate , however...........and get ready with your hankies........they only collect them and irrespective of my desire to give the old girl a new and potentially better life as a kit car they PUT THEM IN THE CRUSHER!!!!!!!! I cant negotiate to save her (or any others I may find) Now forgive me if i sound a bit wrapped up in this but i am sure there are cars running around with no mot, tax insurance etc etc driven by people who could no give a s..t. and because I am honest (I mean I could have just hooked her up and disappeared if i had a trailer) this car will become a can of beans...WHAT a WASTE and What a crap system....

ray.h.

posted on 12/1/06 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Look at it this way, if you took the car and built something out of it then tried to register it the DVLA would be obliged to infirm the previous keeper of the change of owner. Now what happens if he says thats my car and i want it back.
Get my point.

pointy

posted on 12/1/06 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Obviously my initial rant sounds like it comes from a complete lunatic but seriously if this or other cars are GENUINELY abandoned why..in this world of re-cycling can`t something special be made from a cast off???
emsfactory

posted on 12/1/06 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Damn right pointy. Agree with you totally.
Just nick it and grind off the id marks.

oliwb

posted on 12/1/06 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Don't forget to destroy the number plates aswell! Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MkIndy7

posted on 12/1/06 at 11:40 PM Reply With Quote
Yup a terrible waste!

Trick is to get there first remove all the untraceable bits 1st!
Now u know what happens to them.

Bits like wheels if alloy or needed, brakes, master cylinder, hubs, throttle cable, steering column and rack, diff etc

And then the following night they usually get torched anyway, thus hiding the eveidence that the police wouldn't bother to look for anyway.

zxrlocost

posted on 13/1/06 at 01:26 AM Reply With Quote
pointy I deal with loads of people every day and Id just like to say its great someone understands the same things that annoys me
They do not live in the real world !!!! these freaks of councillors police force SVA blokes etc etc

Ive come across loads of things where honest johns life is made awkward because hes trying to do the right thing

where as if hed just done it the dodgy way no one would of ever knew or been bothered probably

another good one is number plate makers

if you want me to make you an exact copy of your 'legal' No plate

I have to be registered with the dvla to buy the correct font which they charge 50 quid for!

then basically because they have my business details they pester me week in week out to make sure Im not making illegal show plates for road use!!!!!

all because I tried to do it the proper law abiding way

where as if i dont register with them I can get there font back handed for a few quid sell you some real nice No plates stick a little crappy sticker on the back saying show plates only not road legal

you fit at own risk and the dvla will never know any more than they did

another one '

worked for wolverhampton wanderers was 16 training the junior teams

doing ok bought an Aprilia rs 50 smart race looking thing well proud of myself
tried to insure it OMG no one would insure me incase I knew a famous footballer and took him on the back of my 50cc and he fell off broke his leg etc etc
what a load of crap!!!!

but tell these governments/businesses your a drunken smack head and that you bet up an old lady last might with a golf club because you was bored but god visited in your FREE flat last night so you wont do it no more

and do you know what youll have every bugger fallingover themselves to help ya!!!!

Rule fecking Britannia!

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

omega0684

posted on 13/1/06 at 01:49 AM Reply With Quote
amen brother!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Danozeman

posted on 13/1/06 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
Theres always cars dumped round here. Some look good nick too.

Theres a nice Merc 190e dumped on the side of the a14 beween Ipswich and Needham. Maybe ill have that away

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

need4speed

posted on 13/1/06 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Is that the red merc that had the warning triangle on it for a few days!!!
scotty g

posted on 13/1/06 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
I had a Rover 214 a couple years ago and the ECU self destructed on it, £200 to get a new one!!!!!!!!!!
Two days later i find another 214 abandoned in a layby just off the motorway, its the same year as mine was, when the council eventually came and took it away there were quite a few bits missing.
Someone else even got the engine out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.