Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: In need of a rant !
DaveFJ

posted on 2/6/06 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
In need of a rant !

Apologies in advance! - Just in need of a rant here

Needed to replace the front discs on my tintop and wanted to upgrade at the same time. After a lot of searching I decided on some very nice Brembo discs from www.potn.com. handed over my money and the discs were deliverd within 24hours - then the problems began!

The disc box was marked with the correct part number and they were the correct size BUT they were for 5 studs not 4!

contacted the dealer and they first tried to tell me that I was wrong and to try and fit them anyway!
several calls alter I was told that I was wrong and the fifth hole was a mounting hole!
was getting rather irate by now but stayed calm as I explained exactly how wrong they were...
Finally they agreed to replace them BUT they are out of stock and it will take at least 2 weeks.....
Asked for a refund and was told - 'certainly - once we have recieved them back and our engineers have confirmed the problem' - arrrggghhh! 'how long will that take' I ask? - 'about 2 weeks till I get the refund cleared back into my account and can order an alternative product!

Just to prove i can count - here is a piccy of the discs I recieved:

brembo
brembo

Rant over - I don't feel better but what the hell!

[Edited on 2/6/06 by DaveFJ]

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

Guinness

posted on 2/6/06 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Good rant there Dave!

Needs a bit more work to be really top notch ranting, but a good start!

Can't believe some peoples idea of customer service.

Cheers

Mike

muzchap

posted on 2/6/06 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Drive down there and smash the discs into the face of the sales guy - and then ask him how many holes there are!

Shocking tho m8 - I've had the same thing happen to me previously...

------------------------------------
If you believe you're not crazy, whilst everybody is telling you, you are - then they are definitely wrong!

ewanspence

posted on 2/6/06 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
Dave, you sure 1 of the holes isn't a mounting hole?

Ewan.

Visit the MegaGrip site :-
http://www.geocities.com/ewanspence/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Phil. S

posted on 2/6/06 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
I've tried to look at the picture of the disk, but I always end up looking at your avatar. I'll try again

"The unexamined life is not worth living" (Socrates)
"The unlived life is not worth examining" (Kopp)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
muzchap

posted on 2/6/06 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
If it was a mounting hole - there would be 5 holes in total

There's 6 holes and the PCD is fooked !

Its a 5 stud disc - end of story.

You could probably re-drill for 4 stud - but let them fix the mistake

If you believe you're not crazy, whilst everybody is telling you, you are - then they are definitely wrong!

omega 24 v6

posted on 2/6/06 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
I reckon your all wrong sure the disc are OK as stated and it's the hubs and wheels that are wrong. It must be it couldn't possibly be anything else. You lot need to bloody waken up.
DIY Si

posted on 2/6/06 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
And the fifth hole is a mounting hole. It mounts a wheel stud so the wheels don't fall off.
God, and you're hoping to build a whole car?!

zenarcher

posted on 2/6/06 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
I would have sent them back straight away,since someone has gone and drilled holes all over the face of the disc !
Hellfire

posted on 2/6/06 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
They have also made the disc from dissimiler metals... right hand side of disc looks very lead-like the centre looks like some strange flavoured Blackpool Rock.

rusty nuts

posted on 2/6/06 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Suspect that with incorrectly supplied parts you should be entitled to a refund straight away . Did you pay by credit card ? card company may be able to help. when you do send them back make sure they pay the postage. Best of luck
chockymonster

posted on 2/6/06 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
In fact distance selling regulations say you're entitled to your money back for any reason within 14 days of receipt of goods.
DaveFJ

posted on 5/6/06 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
I F****ing believ it!

Just recieved the Pads through the post (different supplier)

came loose in a plastic bag with a torn mintex cardboard box that was too small to hold them. closer inspection shows no Mintex markings and the inncorrect part number. I am currently waiting for Mintex to get back to me to confirm if these are cheap knock off's!

name and shame time again! www.atozmotorspares.co.uk - avoid like the plague!

I haven't contacted the supplier yet because, if they are fake, I will be contacting via trading standards/Visa and if poss the police..

The pathways of my life are strewn with cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!

Dave

NS Dev

posted on 5/6/06 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
If they are Mintex pads they will have mintex printed on the rear face of each pad

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

trogdor

posted on 5/6/06 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
ah ha! have just figured out where ur signature comes from ns dev, has bothered me for awhile! but then watched fear and loathing in las vegas again last night and there it was!

hope u can sort out the supplier, its annoying when silly things like this happen!

DaveFJ

posted on 5/6/06 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Well another morning wasted on the phone....

Mintex have confirmed that the pads are definately not theirs. so contacted the dealer who says "no i sent you EBC instead coz we were out of stock"

I don't beleive for one second that these are EBC pads and anyway - they don't stock EBC 'black' pads !! and even if they do - they are worth less than the Mintex ones I ordered!!!

Now got to send them back and will get sent a set of 'real' Mintex pads. (I happen to know they have recieved a snotty call over this from Mintex UK )

Just out of interest I sent the photos to EBC as well to see if they are theirs.... no answer yet....

Why does everything have to be so complicated ?

[Edited on 5/6/06 by DaveFJ]

Dave

iank

posted on 5/6/06 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
<cough> bullsh*t <cough>

Sounds like they are playing silly games. Putting the 'EBC' pads in a mintex box is going over the line IMO, and could even be treated as fraud.
Make sure you don't get stung with the postage for shipping them back.

Crazy Jay

posted on 5/6/06 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trogdor
ah ha! have just figured out where ur signature comes from ns dev, has bothered me for awhile! but then watched fear and loathing in las vegas again last night and there it was!

hope u can sort out the supplier, its annoying when silly things like this happen!

Watched this recently 4 the first time and wat an awesome movie!!

trogdor

posted on 5/6/06 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
if u liked that u should see the other film, "where the buffalo roam", thats another hunter thompson film. this time played by bill murray.

H.S.T has written some really interesting letters and articles. highly recommend hells angels and the rum diary.

[Edited on 5/6/06 by trogdor]

wilkingj

posted on 5/6/06 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Ahh.. Those are cross drilled discs... Its just extra drillings on the mounting faces.

Dont forget to buy some matching cross drilled Brake Pipes to match the discs

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

matt.c

posted on 5/6/06 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
We get poo like this at work with parts ordered

They often say that the parts are on back order which actually means the tw*ts forgot to order them in!!

indykid

posted on 5/6/06 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matt.c
We get poo like this at work with parts ordered

They often say that the parts are on back order which actually means the tw*ts forgot to order them in!!

lmao. i have to use that one all the time when people ring work and someone's forgot to order it. it's getting to the point now though where i tell them who it was that forgot to order it.

fwiw, a to z are a real shop, there's a branch in wakefield, one in dewsbury, and a couple more about. we've never had a problem with them. obviously it's different when you deal with them in person though.

throw the book at them! i can get most automotive bits through work anyway.
tom

[Edited on 12/6/06 by indykid]

Marlon

posted on 6/6/06 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
I too have used the actual A2Z shop before without problems.... BUT did you buy directly from the website or their Ebay shop as I think that they have been sneaky with the way that they have listed some of their items...
"MINTEX quality" and "(PICTURE IS ONLY FOR ILLUSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY)" showing Mintex LOGO! I could be wrong with this as I am not familliar with the part no's listed but on a different note I drive past the shop twice a day if you would like me to throw an egg at it for you?!
kidding of course

john

[Edited on 6/6/06 by Marlon]

Band Anyone?

Linky to SWMBO 's band
Linky to Brother in laws band
MKoc 1081

DaveFJ

posted on 6/6/06 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
nope - bought direct from their web site...

Dave

DaveFJ

posted on 8/6/06 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
well pads have been replaced and, surprise surprise, the new ones have the mintex logo on the back...... got full refund for return postage as well.

Now just got ot get the discs replaced. they are still sat next to my desk awaiting collection.. grrr

Dave

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.