Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Karting
rjbrookes

posted on 26/8/06 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
Karting

This is for my brother.

His lad has just turned 7 yrs old, and he wants to start him off karting, hopefully with the intent to join a race series etc.

He is struggling to find the right place or contact to get him going, ie purchase of a kart, equipment etc....

Can anyone on here give him some advice or point out where to go???????? (Birmingham area)

Thanks

Russ

mnr laptop

posted on 26/8/06 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
hi russ

the guy who used to run me is still going although he is in harrogate, run all sorts of superstars notebly, darren manning, justin wilson, ralf firman plus many other top names, he is the top man of the moment as well, currently hes got six karts leading in seven classes at the moment

if you mant his number give me a bell

cheers

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
phoenix70

posted on 26/8/06 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
you might want to try and post something on the UK Karting site www.karting.co.uk. You will find a list of all circuits in the UK there, you will also find they have a market place for selling used Karting kit. I think, from memory, you can't start racing until he turns 8, but there is nothing to stop hime practicing. If he joins a local club, normally they have practice days. Another option is to go to an indoor karting place and practice there, although the karts are not that special, it does help you develop an accurate racing line (going off on an indoor track normally mean hitting the tyres so it make you more precise)

A word of caution, IF you are talking about competitive racing, make sure that your brother has a large wallet, it may be one of the cheapest forms of motorsport, but no motorsport is cheap.

I've been out of karting for a few years now, but any specific question just U2U me and I'll try and help

Cheers

Scott

ned

posted on 26/8/06 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
as said karting.co.uk guessing take him to a local indoor place if he hasn't tried it to make sure he likes it, if so a cadet could be a good class to start with for his age, otherwise one of the junior classes (junior tkm, junior rotax, minimax etc) so he could keep the kart when he gets older and remove any relevant class specific restrictors from carb or exhaust...

[Edited on 26/8/06 by ned]

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TangoMan

posted on 26/8/06 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Ther used to be and RAC track at Birminhgam Wheels but that has now closed. The nearest will be Shennington or Whilton Mill (Daventry).
The best advice is to find out when they have a race meeitng and turn up. The karting folk are usuyally very friendly and talkative. They will piont you in the right direction. He won't be able to race until he is eight but it gives a year to practce.

Summer's here!!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.