Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Modifying Seats
Mark Allanson

posted on 17/5/03 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Modifying Seats

There are some really nice seats available, but they are all about 2" too wide - what are the frames made off? and with a bit of enginuity could these be cut and shut to make them fit?
I was thinking of Forza, or Cobra Clubmans etc

Mark

Viper

posted on 17/5/03 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
Never thought of making your own?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paulbeyer

posted on 17/5/03 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Mark,

I have Hicosts old Cobra seats and they are about 2 inches too wide. I have stripped one completely and made it narrower by squeezing the lower frame with 2 sash clamps and done a cut and shut at the top with a hack saw and mig welder. The frame is a tubular and square section mild steel jobbie and real easy to work with. The whole lot is covered in foam and I am going to finish them in black vinyl with blue alcantara inserts. I also bought some new harness slots from Cobra. They are a silver tear drop shape to replace the original black square ones. It is impossible to get the old harness slots out without breaking them.
I have tried to insert pictures in my messages but never had any success. I'll try again but don't hold your breath.

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

paulbeyer

posted on 17/5/03 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Mark,

Just come back in from the garage with digi cam in hand. Take a look at my photo archive, I have uploaded a few pictures of my seat frame and harness slots.

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

Mark Allanson

posted on 17/5/03 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Spot on, thanks for taking the time. I will try to get some seats and modify them to fit.

thanks again
Mark

paulbeyer

posted on 18/5/03 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
No worries Mark, glad to be of service.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.