Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Suitable Fuel Sender...
Winston Todge

posted on 24/10/06 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Suitable Fuel Sender...

Just curious what senders people use for their cars?

A cheap and compact unit would be great!

Thanks for any input,

Chris.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chockymonster

posted on 24/10/06 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Mine came with my gauge.
What gauge do you have as that will specify what senders will work with it.

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RazMan

posted on 24/10/06 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Landrover for me - pump & sender in one.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

Winston Todge

posted on 25/10/06 at 05:04 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah, I'm making up a custom fuel gauge from a 32mm Lascar Voltmeter display. I can scale the sender to any range I need really, so the sender is really just a case of a known resistance when full and the same for empty.

Does anyone use the Mini ones? Deep enough for an MNR tank (which I think is a pretty standard depth).

Thanks,

Chris.

Northy

posted on 25/10/06 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
Hi

Technically speaking with a little bit of knowledge and you broke out a multi meter, resistor or two and you can match any gauge to any sender unit.

Right Mark, I have a challenge for you!

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

Northy

posted on 25/10/06 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
Well my gauge doesn't match my sender.

When the tank is empty the gauge reads 1/4 full, when the tank is full the gauge reads less than empty!

So the thing works backwards and over about 1/4 of the scale, any idea how I can fix that?

Greengauges gauge and dip-tube type sender due to baffled tank.

Cheers,

G

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

nitram38

posted on 25/10/06 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
I will not bother with a fuel sender on my next project. I have bought a V2 veypour microdash which learns your fuel consumption and has a built in fuel computer.
I can thoroughly recommend the veypour unit from www.veypor.co.uk at £240.
I bought mine new and unused from ebay at £150.
It has lots of features like drag coefficients, braking efficiency, lap timers, shift light etc built in.

rusty nuts

posted on 25/10/06 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
The Greengauges website shows incorrect fitting instructions for the lever arm tank unit . Mine read backwards at first until I turned the pot around . Could be the same with dip tube?
Northy

posted on 25/10/06 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
The dip tube is not a greengauges one though, can't remember the make. Not sure if I get get it apart either.

G

Graham

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.