Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Out in the sunshine
jonbeedle

posted on 29/10/06 at 11:32 PM Reply With Quote
Out in the sunshine

A pleasant drive out in the rolling Suffolk hills today, enjoying the sunshine. I was out for about an hour on relatively empty roads. Anyone else out today? Plenty more nice days ahead methinks! Autumn is a great time of year. The countryside looks stunning and you can appreciate the scenery in an open top car. It's not just a summer car, although I might put it away if it snows.

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion however stupid!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
greggors84

posted on 29/10/06 at 11:42 PM Reply With Quote
Just watch those wet leaves! I had a bit of a sideways moment the other day.

Admittedly it was at about 10mph on a road behind my house, and i did it because i saw the leaves!

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

alister667

posted on 30/10/06 at 12:58 AM Reply With Quote
Yep, I did about 70 miles took the car from the garage in Dungannon where she was un-prepared from her racing state, back to road form on Friday and Saturday. Had a shakedown around home first then drove up to Carrick today, excellent drive.
You really can't trust the roads during autumn with debris and leaves on the roads can make them very slippy.
Also several road deaths in NI at the weekend, means lots of police traffic branch out with the hairdryers.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alister667/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mad dad

posted on 30/10/06 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
me to went out around the local villages and very pleasant..........nice time of the year, wife came along to but not sure she likes bec's keeps talking about changing it for a cec and i tend to agree for drives in the country.......need to get on a track but realistically will spend more time on country roads............

whitestu

posted on 30/10/06 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Had my first proper drive yesterday [with my Westfield gearbox mount fitted meaning I can go round corners and over bumps!]

Really enjoyed it and the car drove really well.

It will be staying in the garage now until December as scaffolding is going up in the drive this week.

alister667

posted on 30/10/06 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
One thing I noticed is my bicycle speedo, I use for my petrol gauge (fill her up every 100 miles!) also has a 'max speed during trip' function - it's a simple naughty-o-meter! I was quite naughty but I didn't break 3 figures anyhow...

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alister667/

BKLOCO

posted on 30/10/06 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one Jon
Blockhead Rich and me went for a run to Manningtree Sunday.
Had a pint at lunchtime and a very pleasant drive around the country lanes.
Last drive for me this year
Sorn from Nov Till April.
Got loads of work I want to do so I don't mind really.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

Markp

posted on 30/10/06 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
I had a nice drive around nottingham enjoying the sun, I also spotted a smart looking yellow MK

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.