Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: camping gear (for stoneleigh)
ned

posted on 6/2/07 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
camping gear (for stoneleigh)

ok so I'm thinking ahead, but remembering what I did (or rather didn't have) last year I'm trying to start sorting out some bits and pieces.

borrowed some lilo's last year but need to get a decent roll matt, anyone used these sell inflating jobbies and found any good prices, "thermarest" ones seem quite steep, found some under the brand of "stormlite" which are a bit more reasonable but still £35 for a 2" thick one.

robocog had some excellent gel reusable "click" hand warmers which were brilliant but I've not found any cheap online yet after a bit of googling.

I will have to get a maglite and possibly a fleece liner for my sleeping bag but what else might be worth getting? got tent, sleeping bag, clothes, boots and some chairs (which last year I bloody forgot!)

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 6/2/07 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
That looks pretty equipped to me although I had the benefit of being with a couple of guys with caravan & camper so had gas etc etc

Most important thing for me this year is decent boots. I got fed-up of having wet feet!

graememk

posted on 6/2/07 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
and how do you get all that in a seven ?

stevec

posted on 6/2/07 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
I only live 4 miles away so I am going to get her indoors to deliver all my stuff to the gate.

Steve.

martyn_16v

posted on 6/2/07 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a thermarest mat, they're the dogs danglies. We got them from Millets, girlie gets a decent discount there from girl guiding
ned

posted on 6/2/07 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Martyn,

Do you know what model or at least thickness when inflated?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
martyn_16v

posted on 6/2/07 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
We've got the Trail 3 - looks to have been renamed/about equivalent to Trail Lite now
UncleFista

posted on 6/2/07 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
The "click" handwarmers are available from Tesco for a fiver a pair, dunno what price you've seen them at..

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

MkIndy7

posted on 6/2/07 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
The handwarmers are pretty cheep on Ebay was well. Altho they only last about 1hr There is a version that takes charcoal sticks that last about 8hrs... or for however long you break them into.

Cooking gear.. Lantern.., camping pillow (I always forget that, Without fail!),

theconrodkid

posted on 6/2/07 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
£9-99 tent,check,kettle and single burner,tea bags and milk,check,faithfull hound check,thats me sorted

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

ned

posted on 6/2/07 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MkIndy7
The handwarmers are pretty cheep on Ebay was well. Altho they only last about 1hr There is a version that takes charcoal sticks that last about 8hrs... or for however long you break them into.

Cooking gear.. Lantern.., camping pillow (I always forget that, Without fail!),

hoping the cooking gear will be covered maglite for a lantern and i can sleep hapiply without a pillow a nice thermal mug and proper caming cuttlery/billie/mess tin set might be nice though!

ps just off down tesco's

[Edited on 6/2/07 by ned]

scutter

posted on 6/2/07 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Damn Ned, you are starting early.

John i'm glad to see you've got teabags after last years Uxbridge show

A fleece liner is a must after last years show, KFS to eat with and your there.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

ned

posted on 6/2/07 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
couldn't find them in tesco's, how big a store was it unclefista? my local is a 24hr superstore and there was no sign ps can't see them on tesco's online either

[Edited on 6/2/07 by ned]

rusty nuts

posted on 6/2/07 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
How about some ear plugs for when the planes are landing ? Sure at least 2 tried to get into my tent during the night.
ned

posted on 6/2/07 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
How about some ear plugs for when the planes are landing ? Sure at least 2 tried to get into my tent during the night.

you're thinking of donington, not stonleigh i think

scutter

posted on 6/2/07 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
Your not confusing Stoneliegh for Donnington Rusty are you?

ATB Dan

P.s. for some reason i never seem to here the aircraft at shows

Bugger beaten by a minute.

[Edited on 6/2/07 by scutter]

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

rusty nuts

posted on 6/2/07 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
NO , Didn't stay the night at Donnington, and Newark was warm. Coventry airport is just up the road from Stoneleigh IIRC
MkIndy7

posted on 6/2/07 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-GEL-POCKET-HAND-WARMERS-REUSABLE-re-usable-heat-bags_W0QQitemZ280078360199QQihZ018QQcategoryZ3004QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or item No 280078360199

Excuse the Shape but Lo-cost!

Pezza

posted on 6/2/07 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I've got a thermarest mat, they're the dogs danglies.

Seconded, got one myself a few years ago, though doesn't work quite so well with hot rock burns in it lol

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

owelly

posted on 6/2/07 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
For chilly nights, I can recommend a divers wooly bear. I had a fleecy one (oooer misus) but then got a thinsulate one. The're also good for driving on chilly days!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

bob

posted on 6/2/07 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
After years of taking tent cooker cold box cooking utensils kettle food milk cutlery BIG sleeping bag heater lights

Then in the seven

toilet roll tooth brush beer money

SixedUp

posted on 7/2/07 at 12:43 AM Reply With Quote
God that sounds grim. You've got me thinking hotel room, taxi's and mastercard... :-)
Cheers
Richard

mark chandler

posted on 7/2/07 at 12:45 AM Reply With Quote
Ned,

You just need a warm women, she will sort out all the details and make sure you do not get cold !

I,ve never known one to suffer the cold, but then again they have always booked hotels or pubs for the night.

Regards Mark

greggors84

posted on 7/2/07 at 02:15 AM Reply With Quote
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Re-Usable-Golf-Hand-Warmer_W0QQitemZ180080098483QQihZ008QQcategoryZ1514QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item18008 0098483

More of a manly shape!

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

Stuart Walker

posted on 7/2/07 at 02:50 AM Reply With Quote
Thermarests are expensive, I have one of the Coleman mats for running... A bit lighter because of the shape and loads cheaper, eg. here:

"GO" Outdoors

Or if you REALLY don't want to spoil the power/weight, try a balloon bed... Although they do tend to burst. A lot.

Cheers,
Stu

[Edited on 7/2/07 by Stuart Walker]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.